Open Letter To Jehovah's Witnesses

by Outaservice 28 Replies latest jw friends

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Outaservice,

Great Post and Thread!

Thank you very much for posting the letter. It is very moving.

Can you email me a copy of that letter? My email is in my profile.

Thanks.

Ajax

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

that was excellent Gaila you speak the Truth could not have put it in words myself as good as you have done. WELL DONE

• Lois
    Lois

You have opened the gates of freedom for so many by speaking the truth that so many couldn't put into words. Your letter very well could free the chains of bondage which so many have become victims. The words you speak are of sorrow and had you actually received the truth by Jehovah Witnesses then you wouldn't have been in the pain you're experiencing, but now you can go on and experience joy because now you have the opportunity to show the truth to Jehovah Witnesses. If they refuse to listen it is because their hearts are hardened just as they have spoken of about those outside their fold. REJOYCE AND LIVE ACCORDING TO WHAT THE LORD HAS PREPARED FOR YOU IN YOUR FUTURE.

• sf
    sf

I TdG e la salute mentale - [ Translate this page ]
    [2] NOBLE GAILA, Shattered Dreams and New Awakenings: A Recovery Manual for
    Jehovah's Witnesses; Worthville, KY, Agapes Ministries, 1983, p. 7. ...
    www.infotdgeova.it/bergman.htm - 28k - Cached - Similar pages

[DOC] FOREWORD
    File Format: Microsoft Word 2000 - View as HTML
    Gaila Noble, whose active mind provided many of the core-ideas, ... It seems that
    as many people have been shattered by what is called "love" as have been ...
    www.loveministries.org/JGBiuniversee.doc - Similar pages

sKally

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Gaila...what can I say ? I've never read a more accurate recital of the chronology of becoming a Witness & then leaving. I have tears rolling down my cheeks typing this. I understand your words, because I, too have children & grandchildren that shun me.

Like so, so, many others here that have lost family to this insidious cult.

Outaservice...thank you for posting this !

There 'oughta be a law'...before you start studying or before baptism...they should tell you what will happen if you change your mind. But, then, they wouldn't get too many converts that way.

"The end justifies the means," WTS 1:1

Rabbit

• chester
    chester

bttt

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

Gaila, thank you. Well written indeed

• cindalmiller
    cindalmiller

Many people have wondered what ever happened to Gaila Noble and the rest of her story. My name is Cinda Miller, I am Gaila Noble's sister. Shortly after this open letter was posted, she suffered a stroke. She is now in a group home, unable to care for herself. We were both Jehovah's Witnesses, she was in the cult for 20 years and I was in for 18 years.

Her daughter never did leave the organization, but her daughter's youngest girl did leave along with her husband. The sad part is, my sister's granddaughter is just now getting to know her grandmother., and now she along wih her husband are being shunned by their parents. The cycle of misguided regligiousity continues to wreck havoic upon the family and it does with every family that is invovled with Jehovah's Witnesses.

So, when those nice people come to your door with their smiles and their eagerness to save your life, ask yourself, is it worth the "promise" of living forever when you are taught that in order for you to gain that life, you have to shun the rest of your family and your friends, because ONLY Jehovah's Witnesses are going to gain that paradise earth and the rest are being lead and controled by the devil.

Does this sound like a religion that you really want to be a part of? Once you become a part of "their cult, there is no way out, without experiencing great pain.

My sister and I were true believers, working hard to promote their form of religious thought. To leave was to leave long time friends and precious relatives. You are shunned by those same friends and fanily, and you wonder "How could this be the religion of God's choice?"

My sister's fondest wish was to be close to her oldest daughter, but, my sister will not realize that wish. She was a strong, vibrant woman with a strong conviction of right and wrong, She was a valiant fighter against the suppresion that we both experienced.

• Too Opinionated
    Too Opinionated

Thank you, Cinda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit