Branch office in Guam -- on Jehovah Street?

by FatFreek 2005 14 Replies latest social current

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

The pink "Jehovah Street" in the first post looks somewhat phallic to me.

I've heard about subliminal images and now I'm actually seeing one?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Too bad there isn't a street view to confirm if there is an actual street sign at the site with "Jehovah St."

This looks like nothing more than a driveway up to the building.

• AnneB
    AnneB

The name "Jehovah Street" probably was done by the officials as a gesture of goodwill toward the people who put up the KH. I know of other examples: "Kingdom Lane" after a KH was built in a small town. The KH was near a small, unnamed lane out in the country and of the dozen or so houses scattered along the lane three were occupied by JW's. The other example that I can think of is in or near Wakefield, MA where the county named the road to the KH something "theocratic"-sounding (can't think of what it is right now, too many years gone by). It's not a big deal, happens all the time. Doesn't mean bribes or special favors, it's just the way things are done....Main Street, Oak Street, Industrial Parkway, etc. For those of you who remember old Yearbooks or Awake! issues, there have been stories about locals in some countries naming taxis and buses things like "Jehovah Saves".

• donny
    donny

What if someone reported a naked woman running down that street?

The police would hear over the radio "Unit 3, please check out a report of a naked woman on Jehovah."

• Goff-Family
    Goff-Family
    How can I get in touch with fellow JW's from Guam? I am from Clark English Congregation in Clark Philippines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit