I love this elder..

by pubtruth 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pubtruth
    pubtruth

This past weekend during the Watchtower study, along came in the discussion the title of the infamous book "Millions now living will never die" and I was surprised he would utter that exact title! When recent Watchtower Publications call it "Millions now living may never die" .. I was about to burst a smile when I heard him say it! Very interesting moment during the study.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Yes... I remember that article (early last year I believe) ... I quickly pointed it out to the conductor at the end of the meeting and he just looked down at his brief case and didn't say a thing... I think he is starting to wake up as of late...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

When The Judge first delivered the talk (memory says in LA) is was "MAY" never die. It was a hit, but to "juice things up", within a few weeks, and it may have been as soon as the following conv., he changed it to "WILL" never die. Thus publication was titled "WILL NEVER DIE".

Seems like the practiced continued with some speakers at dist conv to stray from the outline to "juice things" (think 1975). Seems to still happen today if you attend more than one and hear two different speakers deliver same talk.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Interesting...

A quick search in the WT LIB

*** w90 4/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

History shows that the public exposure of these facts actually began before 1922. For example, the lecture “Millions Now Living May Never Die,” first delivered in 1918 and published in booklet form in 1920, told of Christendom’s failure and of the approaching end of this world. The Golden Age of September 29, 1920, plainly exposed Christendom as a fornicator, a lying fraud, and a misleader of the people.

*** w90 12/15 pp. 12-13 par. 11 “Let Anyone Hearing Say: ‘Come!’” *** 11 For decades this invitation to “come!” has been going forth to people thirsting for “life’s water.” Even back in 1918, the bride class began preaching a message that particularly involved those who might live on the earth. It was the public talk entitled “Millions Now Living May Never Die.” This offered a hope that many would survive Armageddon and thereafter gain eternal life on the Paradise earth under God’s Messianic Kingdom. But that message did not definitely show the way to this survival privilege, except by righteousness in general.

*** w85 10/15 p. 19 par. 15 The “Nation” That Feeds Famine-Stricken Millions *** 15 Thus in the opening years of liberation and reinstatement in Jehovah’s favor, true Christians began to blossom as “the planting of Jehovah.” (Isaiah 61:3) In 1918, the final year of World War I, the astounding lecture “Millions Now Living May Never Die” was publicly delivered by J. F. Rutherford. With merely a small remnant of spirit-begotten disciples of the reigning King, Jesus Christ, left on earth to undertake the God-ordained work that then devolved upon them, was that an overestimation of matters? Looks like lecture was indeed entitled "may never die" ... and it looks like the WTS is reporting that correctly. It's interesting that some elders mix the lecture title up with the book title...
  • james_woods
    james_woods

May never die - Will never die - what is really the difference?

Both are false prophecy - there was never any "may" or "will" about it.

All of these people (of course) - like any other humans that ever lived - certainly were going to die.

False prophecy again - just like the "generation of 1914" that would see the end of the present world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit