untitled

by Lunatic Faith 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

From the Feb 15,2011 study article "Gaining God's Approval Leads to Everlasting Life"

8 Gaining God’s approval involves the proper
    exercise of our free will. This is because Jehovah
    does not coerce anyone into serving him. In Isaiah’s
    time, He asked: “Whom shall I send, and
    who will go for us?” By recognizing the prophet’s
    right to decide, Jehovah dignified him. Imagine
    Isaiah’s satisfaction in responding: “Here I am!
    Send me.”—Isa. 6:8.

9 Humans are free to serve God or not to
    do so. Jehovah wants us to serve him willingly.
    (Read Joshua 24:15.) Any who begrudge God
    their worship cannot be pleasing to him; nor does
    he accept the devotion of those whose true intent
    is only to please other humans. (Col. 3:22) If we
    rendered sacred service “hesitantly” by allowing
    worldly interests to interfere with our worship, we
    would not win God’s approval. (Ex. 22:29) Jehovah
    knows that serving him whole-souled is good
    for us. Moses urged the Israelites to choose life
    ‘by loving Jehovah their God, by listening to his
    voice and by sticking to him.’—Deut. 30:19, 20.

This reminded me of a conversation I had with the ex-elder who sat on my judicial committee 17 years ago when I was reproved for Loose Conduct(now I wish I had just gone all the way;). Anyway, I was giving him a massage a couple months ago and he said something about how our organization "is all about free-will". I looked at him and said, "Really, Doug? Is it really about free-will? If you choose to believe something differently, do they really let you?" He looked me right in the eye and said, "No. They sure don't." This opened up a very long convo where he admitted a ton of doubts and concerns and fears. I told him I would always be there to talk if he needed me. I haven't heard from him since. I wonder if he felt guilty for opening up so much. But I tell you what, that was empowering to see how widespread the doubts really are.

• elderelite
    elderelite

.... you were giving a massage to an elder who sat on your judicial committee.... this begs for more details..

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LOL @ Elderlite, I agree.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

LOL! Yeah, I guess that did sound kind of weird. I have been a massage therapist for so long I forget about the inherent eroticism to the idea.

He sat on my JC 17 years ago when I was 21. He is now 52. But he did admit, after 33 years of marriage to the same faithful sister, that he still craved oral sex. Poor guy. My hubby and just read the part in CoC about that prohibition in the 70's that ruined many a marriage. I can't believe people still believe that way though.

I guess when people turn themselves over to another, as in massage, barriers inevitably come down. At any rate, he feels trapped and unhappy. I felt bad for him.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

There's an obvious answer to the poor guy's dilemma, but considering you're married (as well as he) it's perhaps best that you don't.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lunatic, i really was not trying to be overly flippiant or cute, but it did come accross as a bit of an eyebrow raise

lol, that said, are you currently "in the truth", meaning in good standing or are you DF'd? Just wondering how he came to engage your services (professionally of course)

as for oral sex..... oh yea even though the org has not said anyting official in about 10 years on that as it relates to married people, many are still affected by that rediculous 1983 article about it. And because its a cult, people hang on every freaking word..... and men end up frustrated, women end up feeling dirty or slutty for no reason other than old freddie franz, who was not married, didnt like the thought that other guys were getting BJ's. horah for "the truth"....

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

If I was a massage therapist working on some ex-elder who judged me, I would make sure that he got the "Moe Green".

BANG! right through the eye!

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

elderelite--I am not DF'd. No one knows I am even on the path that I am. I am trying to slide out unnoticed but my family has been in the area for decades and were quite well known. People in my cong are wondering (since I do not attend meetings anymore or go in service) but have written it off as emotional turmoil after the death of my father. People in other congs, like my home cong where this brother is, have no clue. They still think me the spiritual pillar I have always been. I give this brother, and his wife, massages fairly regularly.

Mr. Falcon--He was the one elder on my committe who threatened to Df me all those years ago. But I never blamed him because he was a rather neurotic elder. HOlding judgment over people never came easy to him. He stepped down after less than an year as an elder. Now, if he feels comfortable around someone, he will actually make criticize some of the societies decisions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit