so oompa got df'd this week...

by oompa 131 Replies latest jw friends

• mamalove
    mamalove

The more I read this, the angrier I get. So do you thing the F-U comment was what gave the elders the reasoning to DA/DF you as a non cooperation type of stance, coupled with your wife signing because you told her you would have blood?

They must have pried into her to find that out? Or maybe family and gossip. Such a shame. So sorry. What are you going to do?

• oompa
    oompa

new topic...investigating wrongdoing

if they spent even half the time showing true love of the flock instead of investigating things like the Gestapo...just think how much easier life would be....you throw out the shunning and df and reproofs and shit....hell i may even go to a meeting

of course you are still supposed to believe in good and bad spirits flying around trying to influence people!!!!

that is just not making sense anymore!!!

and like why after thousands of years of PROOF....god would let evil old satan out again?!?!?!?!.....had he not already proved his point?!?!?!

sorry...i am bitter and i rant...gotta let go of this....oomps

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, Oompa...

I just sent you a PM, and now I see this thread...

I hope you're holding up all right...

Zid

P.S. You might want to seek out those board members who have successfully threatened legal action against the elders for the emotional duress and suffering engendered [??correct word??] by the wrongful disfellowshipping - and threaten to take it up with Bethel, maybe...

• ziddina
    ziddina

I think that "Desirous of Change" hit the nail on the head...

"....sounds to me that instead of you being disfellowshipped, you "disassociated yourself by your actions" of conscenting to a blood transfusion. DF requires 1)notification of meeting, and then 2) notification of committee's decision, and then 3) your right to appeal if you disagree. Disassociate does not require all of those things, just confirmation that you did something by your actions to "dissassociate" yourself ... If you're wife told them you accepted BT and that you disagreed with WTS doctrine on the subject, then you took the "action" to indicate that you are no longer one of JWs.

"The announcement read to congregation for DF or DA is the same: "Oomopa is no longer one of JWs"...."

"Easier to claim that YOU made the decision. I expect a lot more such "disassociations" vs. formal disfellowshippings in the future. Easier. Less prone to litigation claims. ..."

This would be an incredibly ugly trend, but I expect nothing less from the Watchtower Society... I'll be keeping my eyes open for this trend that Desirous of Change indicated...

At least it might wake up more JWs as to the true nature of the organization they're serving...

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...Call them up, say that you're appealing their decision and if they refuse, you are going to write letters to every major newspaper in the state, telling about the way they treated you. ..."

Heh, heh...

I like Jadeen's idea, only I'd call Bethel too, and tell THEM that you're sending your story to the French and Russian governments, in addition to telling all the newspapers in the area about your situation...

But that's just me.... Eeeeevil... Zid

• nugget
    nugget

Oompa, it seems to me that they are cleaning house, there seems to be a rise in Df'ing following the elders school and there seems to be a renewed zeal to track down and dispose of all malcontents. Their behavior has been dreadful and inexcusable. Being 4th generation means they hold your whole family hostage to their whims and it is disgusting.

If you want to fight it you can in that you have not been given notice as required, that transfusions were given without your knowledge or permission and that no one can say that you would have agreed if you had been awake. Also who told them you were in hospital and how did they get hold of confidential medical records?

Their arrogance never ceases to amaze me that it would be appropriate to hold a discussion about medical treatment whilst you were still in hospital or convalescing. As with us there seems to be unseemly haste. Puffed up little know nothings flexing their holier then thou muscles like the little hypocrites they are.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Oompa--I'm so sorry. This is a terrible blow, especially on top of the physical struggle you're going through in trying to recover from the accident. I'm amazed and stunned.

Actually, instead of sending the story to French and Russian governments--or maybe, in addition to--why not see if the Bulgarian gov't is interested in hearing about these "sanctions" to your (unconscious) acceptance of blood?

• bebu
    bebu

Oompa, this is incredible. I'm so glad you survived!!!!

Your wife knew that you did not want a transfusion, and it took an accident for her to spill to the elders about your stance. Was she unaware that it would take a catastrophic moment (illness/accident) to reveal to the elders what she knew all along? She didn't see the extra trauma this would cause--and yet admitted to the elders she had been aware of this for a long time.

If she could have been quiet for that long, she should have reasoned to keep quiet later. Too bad she didn't use HIPAA laws... maybe you should see if there's a way to use those laws yourself.

Again.. GLAD you are alive!!!!! And I hope that this turns into the catalyst to bring out family members as you wish.

bebu

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Wow, I can't even imagine what you must be going through. It never ceases to amaze me how the elders will kick you when your down and then blame it on you.

On the other hand, you uber dub wife must love you, and there must be a tiny, tiny crack in her armor.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Oompa i'm really sorry to read about your long series of unfortunate events. But at least you are alive and recovering!

Please don't give up hope. If I'm correct one of your sons is not a JW, so you still have him. And hopefully your other son realizes how unfair was the m.o of the BoE. Something good might come out of all this story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit