Keep the Watchtower out of your Facebook account.

by Awen 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Awen
    Awen

With all the posts about the Society hacking into FaceBook accounts, this new setting which was implemented today might be of some use for many people.

http://gawker.com/5744229/the-facebook-setting-you-should-change-as-quickly-as-possible

One of the nice additions, besides using HTTPS Protocols is the addition of having the option to be notified via e-mail if your account is accessed from a new computer or mobile device. This will enable you to hopefully track the hacker and notify the authorities of suspected cyber crimes.

The Watchtower would finally be able to be prosecuted for their hacking into JW and ex-JW accounts.

I'd like to see the excuse they come up with for this one.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Summary: how to set facebook to use secure connections (https://)

You can sign up for Facebook HTTPS by going to Account Settings and then selecting "Account Security," third from the bottom. Then click under "Secure Browsing" - if it's there. Facebook says everyone should have this by the end of the day, but in the meantime you might be missing the relevant option toggle.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You might not stop them from hacking into your account, but if you get them caught, you can spread embarrassment about this religion. People are not willing to join a religion that hacks people's private business, and if the leaders are caught, they might just get those 20 year jail terms that they were whining about Boozerford getting in 1918.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

If it shows activity under this heading is that my activity on my account or from other sources ??

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I have something that happens on my Yahoo E mail account. It tells me every once in a while that I have been signed off of chat as I signed on somewhere else or I accessed it from another computer. I keep thinking that someone is using my name somewhere.

How can I check that out?

Snoozy

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

OK, I went there and clicked on the option that I want a E mail sent to me if any other computer or mobile device tries to or does log on in my account.

It also had the option to download all your personal info but I declined that. Why would it ask you to do that?

Snoozy

It didn't have the option of Securing Browsing. What would that do?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit