wakeing up family

by TheLoveDoctor 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• TheLoveDoctor
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree

It has been said that when waking someone up from a nightmare, you should do it gently. I don't know who said it, but somebody must have.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I haven't mentioned it here because I don't want to risk outing who I really am yet, but I am happy to report that some time within the last year I've been able to help my parents wake up. They're still IN due to age and friendships but the delusion has been broken. I didn't really do it myself; credit goes to Ray Franz and Don Cameron. All I did was give them something to read. I had a plan with my wife and kid but with my parents it kind of just happened. They had questions about how and why we left and were actually willing to hear our answers and consider our information.

I consider myself incredibly lucky. I have other family who are on the opposite end of the spectrum, though, and will be near impossible to wake up.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I have heard that too,,that it can be dangerous to them and you,,same if someone is sleepwalking,,must be gentle and just gently guide them back to bed, not trying to wake them.

Same for someone as a JW. To be harsh and argumentative is not going to work. Going gentle,,seems to work best. Can't be forced. Has to be on their own time. No one could have forced or argued with me.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Dear all,

I am new to this site, I was almost a baptised publisher, my parents were baptised but always on the fringes, being brought up almost in the truth we had all the disadvantages, being excluded from school assemblies and having to explain to other children why, no birthday parties or christmas or cubs and scouts or any "worldly" associations, whilst none of the so called advantages! kept going back in my adult years due to the instilled fear. thankfullly in 2007 found Crisis of Conscience then it all became clear and managed to reverse all the guilt later in 2008 gave the book to my parents, and to my lasting joy they accepted this as correct and threw all the Jehovah's book's away and now have a truly realistic view of the world.

I am now researching the Deist view of God, this seems far more realistic with regard to the concept of evil, if a truly caring God could permit this level of suffering on any creation without a truly easily understandable message to humanity to make a point then this does not seem to be rational!

Best Regards,

The Star Tiger

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Welcome Star Tiger! Good for you!

• mamalove
    mamalove

I was the most recent to be woken....still wish the others would get with it.

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Not wanting to hi jack this thread - Welcome Star Tiger xxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit