KH's being sold.....multiple congs. meeting in one hall. Any ideas why?

by confuzzled777 9 Replies latest jw friends

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

In talking with my mom the other day and we started talking about the #of congs. that are meeting in the hall that I went to. She goes to a double hall where 10 congregations attend. 4 english and 2 foreign. The KH that I was attending had 3 but has recently split one cong. and now we have 4 congs. that meet. She went on to mention how the KH's in smaller towns are selling and asking those that attend to drive even further to attend a KH.

Why do you think this is happening? Is this happening in other cities/regions? Is the WTS getting low on funds because of not as much donaitons coming in and needing to sell property in order to keep going?

Would love to hear any feedback......

• blondie
    blondie

1) not enough healthy, competent elders and MS

2) smaller congregations not supporting the finances necessary to operate

3) dissolving congregations (non-profit corporations) and WTS parent non-profit takes over assets

4) larger congregations (see #1)

• sherah
    sherah

They are merging congs. Not enough competent men, young ones leaving and the publishes left attending are old, poor and/or ill.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Confuzzled is this in Uk?

Loz x

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

The money has run out and it's time to sell sell sell just to keep the lights on at bethell !! Not long now before the the whole lot goes under in parts of the globe that are a big cost to the society!! The halls are a big overhead for them when nobody puts any money in the box. The groverling botty are feeling the pinch now and don't like it.. I do! and I hope they end up in a soup kitchen

HHG

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Loz, if this is U.K., I heard recently one congregation had TEN persons in attendance at a recent meeting - 10 - used to be 30 and that was a drop from previous attendance, so looks like a deathspiral in some areas.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

As I mentioned here on another thread, the concept of multiple KH's in the same building is nothing new. Having lived in South Florida for over 25 years, they have been the norm here for many years. In fact, the triple KH is quite typical.

From a business standpoint, putting more things together under one roof makes sense. Look at all the stores in your local mall. And why are so many KFC and Taco Bell restaruants sharing the same building? They are owned by the same parent company and using just one "footprint" for the combined restaurants makes more financial sense.

Plus, many of the multi-plex KH's here have an apartment for the CO. Great for security, a "night watchman" for insurance purposes. It really does make a significant difference when it comes to insurance costs. And it does cut down on travel expenses for the CO since half of the congregations he serves may be in the same building (12-15 congregations).

Of course this is only in more populated areas where travel is not a factor, but the multi-plex thing really does make sense.

Rub a Dub

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I wish the hell they would sell the one in my neck of the woods..I don't see'em traveling 30-40 miles one way to get to another one...

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

thanks for the food for thought!.....i am in the us.......in the past it has been common for 2 cong. to meet at the same hall, but not 4 or more. My mom's double hall, i mentioned had 10 different congs. 8 (not 4) english and 2 foreign. So I guess this is not the norm for us here. Does make sense though that they would be able to cut down on expenses by sharing with multiple congs. The KH that I attended did have an apartment in it for the CO to stay in.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

The long drive won't matter to most. Remember, these people will let their kids die for their beliefs. Driving 20 extra minutes would be nothing, it would seem to me.

Agree or disagree?

-MF31-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit