Scratching my head over "Watching the World", March 2011 Awake. Ideas?

by Open mind 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

All you need is the Awake, its like a 4 Year college education

• Open mind
    Open mind

kudra: "You are led to believe that "the flood" was truly global because it covered land in Siberia, killed a human there and the retreating floodwaters deposited the hair thousands of miles away in Greenland. "

That is ridiculous.

So you're probably right.

Thanks for playing "Watchtower Geology" today. If you'd like I can send you your choice of a complementary Watchtower or Awake!

om

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I think their "Watching the World" is a juvenile attempt to report the news, much like the "Weekly Reader" did for 3rd graders when I was in school.

This is so they can tell the R&F, "Hey, you don't need to read the New York Times, the Washington Post, or Scientific American. All the news you need to know can be found right in the latest issue of the Awake! magazine."

What's funny is that I remember these little newsbits from the Awake! from back when I was a kid. (Paraphrased):

"Report says that American automobiles are so low to the ground that they trap exhaust from cars stopped in from of them under the floor boards that seep into the passenger compartment." This was in like 1952-53 when most cars still had a very high profile, except for sports cars. Sports cars were mostly convertibles.

"Scientific studies indicate that more people may die from the side effects of the Salk vaccine then would die from polio."

There were many more like that, of course. There were some real doozies as I remember. But the JWs would accept what they read as gospel and would act accordingly. They still do...

JV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit