Wiil the REAL Jeol Gott Please Stand up!

by Utopian Reformist 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Joel Gott is an elder in the Johnston, Rhode Island Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. The hall is located at:

Jehovah's Witnesses of Johnston
    1744 Atwood Avenue
    Johnston, RI 02919

Joel is one of Fred Gott's children. Fred is the presiding overseer and also has two other children serving. The Gott's are all serving together, and make up the majority of the local body of elders. I cannot remember the names of the other children (another son and pioneer sister, married to another elder).

Fred Gott (father) was jailed during WWII as a conscientious objector. The Gotts have served at Bethel, Patterson, and as special pioneers. They frequently deliver assembly parts and district convention assignments.

Fred Gott is elf-employed in the home decorating & wall paper and painting business. They are very tall and all wear glasses. They speak with the local new england accent (swamp yankee / boston) and are very mild and relaxed.

• outnfree
    outnfree

I must have missed something, UR...

Why, exactly, have we been treated to this short history of the Gott's of Rhode Island?

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Apparently, while executing a "WHOIS" query at Network Solutions, someone found out that the WTBS web-site and some other information lists "Joel Gott" as a contact.

A few people thought it was a german play on words and a hoax identity, but I am familiar with the individual and the family name in question.

• Utopian Reformist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit