A little slice of life

by Julie 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Julie
    Julie

Greetings to all,

As you all know life can be full of difficulties and heartbreaks. I have recently been through some minor (but nonetheless extremely irritating) difficulties and have also been dealing with the heart-ache of watching someone very dear to me reach the end of life.

With these things on my mind I was trying to go about my business, was putting away some laundry and happened to look out the window a couple of days ago. Here in northern Michigan it has been unseasonably warm lately so the kids have been outside enjoying it. As it happens I managed to glance out the window and see these two adorable little girls, long hair flowing behind, holding hands, skipping down the street. The picture of childhood carefree existence.

I just sat down on the bed, watched them go by and smiled. Thankful to have caught that precious, yet oh-so-common slice of life. It was such a beautiful and charming contrast to the things in my head at the moment that it just made me stop and think of how, regardlesss of how things may seem, if we take a look around, there is bound to be something delightful to be seen/enjoyed, no matter how simple.

I hope all of you get to enjoy a pleasant little slice of life today, and everyday....it can do wonders for one's perspective.

Warm regards,
    Julie

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thank you, Julie. You're quite right. Too often we miss these little things that, given the chance, could do much to enhance our lives. I'm sorry for your loss and I wish you a happy day as well.

• Seeker
    Seeker

I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties, Julie, but glad to hear of your perspective on life. It's one of your traits I find most appealing.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Thx for the sunshine!

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

Julie,

Thank you for the reminder that we all have something to be grateful for, no matter how small it may seem. I really needed that because I've had a bad weekend, and it seemed as if there was nothing going right in my life. But if I just take a good look around I have an abundance of good right in front of me. :)

Thanx

Shimmer

Your diamonds are not in far distant mountains or in yonder seas; they are in your own backyard, if you but dig for them.----------Russell H. Conwell

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Julie: Sorry that someone close to you passed away. When that happens, it seems to cause us all to become more reflective about life, and the things that are important seem to stand out more clearly. I appreciate the view you take, and the good you see going on, in spite of the heart ache you feel. I hope your grief will pass qucikly for you.

• Julie
    Julie

Thanks to all for your kind words. It was just such a pleasant image, enough to distract anyone from anything really, wanted to share it with you all. To see such happiness for no apparent reason is such a wonderful way to keep perspective......

Warm regards,
    Julie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit