Legalizing Rape

by torn in two son 2 Replies latest jw friends

• torn in two son
    torn in two son

Everything is just swell in Afghanistan. A couple nights ago I was stumbling, (and stumbling, and stumbling) on stumbleupon and came upon this beauty.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/04/02/2009-04-02_new_afghanistan_law_allows_men_to_demand.html

New Afghanistan Law says that within in a married couple that the man can demand sex from his wife every four days. Whether she likes it or not. So here we have a law that has legalized rape.

Brilliant Afghanistan. Brilliant.

torn

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

"The passage of what some call "legalized rape" means American women have died fighting in Afghanistan to give men there the right to subjugate women. "

Sadly ironic.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Afghanistan reminds me of the Witnesses. Four day, heh? Why not three? Five? Two weeks? Frankly, I have trouble believing the U.S. govt would countenance this. It influences Afghanistan. I lived in Manhattan on 9/11. Once the immediate emergency medical situation was resolved (very quicly b/c casualties did not survive), I saw my Jewish internist. Manhattan was crazy. The politeness and calm were spooky. He turned to me and said, "We're going to send their women to college. That will show them." End of discussion.

Recently, I watched a netflix film that re-enacted an actual stoning of a woman in Iran around the time of their revolution. It was absolutely chilling. I thought of Jesus, breaking up a stoning. Of course, I watch all those conscience films about the Holocaust, sex trade, child soldiers, etc. No one else watches them. It is a strange niche audience. I relate to the downtrodden b/c I felt so alone as a Witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit