WTBTS IS ON THE RUN AND HELPED JIMMY SWAGGERT !!!

by Hairyhegoat 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

The Witchtower have no interest in anyone but themselves. It's all about money at the end of the day, they will lie and do anthing to anyone to keep the lie going. I have found these comments from another site and you may find it interesting..

The cult says they are making the operations of the organization more efficicent and cost effective by selling off these properties but the truth is the cult has been shrinking in numbers and losing millions of dollars each year. The can no longer afford these properties and they do not have the staff to live in or maintain them. In fact some of the buldings have sat vacant for years.

Another factor is the cult has tried for years to avoid paying taxes. The property taxes in Brooklyn are really high but in Walkill they are really cheap. The cult hates paying taxes so much that they even tried to help Jimmy Swagart in 1988 to avoid paying taxes on religous material.

Jimmy Swaggart Ministeries was being sued by the state of California for non-payment of sales tax on his miscellaneous religious articles it sold. Cal. wanted Swaggart to come up with $183,000 in sales tax. The Watchtower sent a lawyer to defend Jimmy swagart because they relized if he lost his case then the cult would soon have to pay taxes to. (SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES, October Tenth, 1988, Case No. 88-1374)

Merry Xmas

HHG

• read good books
    read good books

What happened to their oft quoted scripture where Jesus says "pay Ceasers things to Ceaser but God's things to God". I remember a Watchtower or a kingdom ministry where they told the brothers to even pay a little extra taxes to avoid any apperance of non-complaince with the law.

Why doesn't the Watchtower just send somebody to defend Satan so if he wins they won't have to go to hell with him where they belong.

• Mrs. Peck
    Mrs. Peck

I was told that the WT has always paid taxes even though they were technically exempt.......

• out4good3
    out4good3

Yeah......Right!!!!!

• Think About It
    Think About It

IMO the Jimmy Swaggart defense was one of the WTS biggest scandals. That was the one where shortly afterwards they announced to the cong's the donation arrangement for the literature, saying Jehovah was behind this simplification change. That was very deceptive of the WTS to defend Swaggart like that then lie to the R&F pubs as to why they actually changed things.

Think About It

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

When I first started to read information that the WTS was a cult I could not figure out why. I really believed they had no money. Then I saw some financial records. (Check in The Best of... WTS Finances)

They don't pay taxes in most countries. In Canada and the US they are still classified as a religious non-profit which means they don't pay property tax, or taxes on any of the materials they buy to publish WT litterature, to feed and house everybody at the Bethels, for their transports and automobiles. They have a charitable tax number that they use when they buy anything that gives them an exemption on what they are buying.

I was stunned when I read the documents showing they supported Swaggart in court as "Friends of the Court" meaning they were on Swaggart's side when the government decided it wanted to tax the literature they sold. The WTS did not want to pay the tax.

For all the noise they make about taking sides with false religion, there they were in a court of law saying "We're on Swaggart's side because we don't want to pay either."

Then there was the property dodge in Mexico when the Mexican government owned all religious property. Bit deal. Right? JWs would have still been able to use the Kingdom Halls. They still would have been able to sing in them and pray in them. They would have been able to use their Bibles in preaching. But no. The WTS insisted that it alone owned the Kingdom Halls. So the brother in Mexico were classified as a cultural group so they could own the halls. But since they were a cultural group they couldn't pray there. or sing "hymns" there. Or bring their Bibles. And they couldn't use their Bibles when preaching. All so that the WTS could own a piece of property and deny they were a religion.

Why are they leaving Brooklyn. Personally I don't think it is totally a money issue. They had the property. The workers are free so all they had to do is feed them and they had the housing for them.

I do think the donation system has hurt them badly but perhaps not as badly as we would like to think. They are busy soliciting money from JWs so that when they die everything they own goes to the WTS. And JWs are doing it. Plus since most JWs think the WTS is just scraping by many give a lot of money every month.

The court cases might be an issue to when it comes to money. But remember this is a multi-billion dollars publishing company, They have money.

I think they are really leaving Brooklyn because they are scared. When 9/11 happened the JWs in Bethel were told to stand away from the windows. The gates were barred. They offered no help, not even water, to the thousands of people streaming in front of their door as they fled the area. Even JWs who came to the door had to prove they were JWs to get in.

Look where Brooklyn is. Within miles of the UN. That place that is supposed to be destroyed. The old guys at Bethel don't want to be that close to another 9/11. It scared the crap out of them. I said at the time that the WTS would move out and they are doing it.

AND they are making a mint out of it. They are fixing up those building, turning them into condos and selling them off

They are going out to their own private paradise they have built at Patterson. They don't have to wait until Armageddon. They don't have to wait until all the dead carcasses are cleaned up. They are living in it now. If you haven't seen pictures of Patterson check Stan Milosevic's website. (Stan is a JW)

• flipper
    flipper

The hypocrisy of the WT society never ceases to amaze me. Yeah, they are worried they were going to have to pay taxes so let's go support the alleged " false religion " or the " harlot " to save our own a$$es. Stands to reason. The WT society lies about everything else to their rank and file members, why not this too ? A " generation " is not really a generation, it overlaps, Armageddon is going to destroy 6 billion people, and the sealing of the anointed was open, then it was closed in 1935, oh wait a minute ! It's open again since Armageddon hasn't come ! As if by magic ! Therefore thousands more mentally deranged people partake of the emblems now at Memorial time. The leaders of the WT society are absolutely insane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit