A Gem From This Week's TMS

by torn in two son 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Evidently, Jehoover has used his holy spirit to enlighten their minds so that even without education, there is no deficiency.

LOL

-MF31-

• 2tone
    2tone

actually, i think its pretty awesome that only 4.7% of jws have at least a bachelors degree.

Not to brag but i just got my bachelors degree. At 22 years old i rank in the top 5 percent of education of jws. thats hilarious. My college education was much more difficult than theocratic education. eventually ill get that masters or more. wonder what my elders will think when i go back for a masters.

• Honesty
    Honesty

BS Alert!!!!

w836/15p.31AnExcellentEducation***

Would you like to grow in knowledge, obtaining an education of even much greater value than can be received in any college? You can do so by reading regularly this magazine and its companion, Awake! Not only will these journals help you to keep up with world events but they will also help you to see how these events fulfill the Bible prophecies regarding the time of the end of this entire system of things. Yes, regularly reading these publications not only will improve your knowledge of secular matters but will also provide you with knowledge that will put you in line to live forever in God’s righteous new system

• VM44
    VM44

"We are the most educated people on the planet."

The elder who said that has a deviant world view.

He is turning around reality and saying the EXACT OPPOSITE as to what is really is the case!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Yup.......most educated.......after all hasn't it been said in talks that if you keep up with the watchtower and awake for six months one would get the equivalent of a "COLLEGE" education????

They are pathetic! and the rank and file goggle it up too.

I remember being deluded myself and believing this crap too"! Then when the rose-coloured glasses came off I started to pursue a degree, I realized that what is dished out to the rank and file is probably the equivalent of grade 5.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "He is turning around reality and saying the EXACT OPPOSITE as to what is really is the case! ..."

Yes, that's what he's doing, all right....

When one looks at the overall behavior of the Watchtower Society, that is a MAJOR aspect of their underlying behavior, too...

"OTHER churches are false prophets!! But not US...!!"

"OTHER religions take advantage of their followers!!! But not US...!!"

"OTHER religions consort with the political "wild beast!!! But not US...!!"

And so on, ad naseum...

Their insanity would be laughable, if it weren't for the fact that so many people fall prey to it...

It's an over-arching abuse; it carries that old expression, "Do as I say, not as I DO!!", to a mind-bogglingly INSANE level...

Makes me lose faith in humanity's collective 'intelligence'...

Zid

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I've heard that before. It is a religion of mediocrity. They take people who work in menial jobs, give them so-called bible knowledge and make them feel like they've got everything figured out. That's why so many cling to the "truth." It gives them a feeling of superiority that they would not have otherwise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit