The Tetragrammaton...And The Inserted Vowels

by titch 37 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    To think - the only way anyone could possibly know the correct pronounciation of God is to 1) Become a JW then 2) Become a former JW 3) then come to this specialized interenet board (hopefully you speak english). Now that is one amazing way that God reveals his name.

Glad to know I didn't disappoint, dear JIFB (again, peace to you!). And dear tec (peace to you, as well, dear one!) is correct: the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... does, on rare occasion, reveal His name directly. Most often, however, it is THROUGH the One that comes... in His name. Neither "Jesus" nor "Jah"... have anything to do with "Jehovah". The name that comes... in the name of JAH... is JAH eShua.

Biblically speaking, one only need review the "original" Hebrew/Aramaic rendering of Psalm 68:4 (which my Lord told me to read after he revealed God's name to me). There are many versions of that verse; however, most accurately set forth the true name of God. Those that don't state "LORD". This is the original Hebrew writings contained no vowels. In addition, it was believed that God's name was "too divine" to utter, so that in every single place in the Bible where the name "Jehovah" appears... it stated "Adonai" or "LORD". Until possibly the 5th century... or 6th and later, including the Masorete Text (on which the current Hebrew Tanakh is based).

Even the name "Allah" sets forth part of the true name of God, but is incorrect in its total form; however, that's an entirely different thread.

But, as always, no one needs to take my word for this truth. They have the same access to God's name as I do. They only need to go through that Access, the "Door" that is Christ. Unfortunately, most have been trained to believe he isn't alive or existing. Even those who claim to have faith in him, the One who was dead... but is now alive.

I bid you peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

So, when Moses asked God for his name, God replied:

I AM that I AM, or as soem can read it:

To be or to become.

The Hebrew word is:

hayah

Which is pronunced "Hai yah".

??? hayah

WHy does this matter?

Because as per Shelby suggestion, Pslam 68:4 gives us:

?? Yahh

Notice the pattern?

I once asked a Hebrew scholar why "Jehovah" wasn't a valid translation when so many variations of the name exist ( Jehosophat and such) and he said, basicly so I could understand it ( LOL):

While the JAH is prefered ( or YAH so the sound is more correct, too many pronounce the J as a J and not a Y) Jeh is OK too, the issue is the rest of the name.

the "ovah" part make no sense in hebre or aramaic adn even less in context with exodus and other passages.

• AGuest
    AGuest

MUAH!! dear PSacto... and the greatest of love and peace to you!

YOUR servant and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Anytime sweetheart, the truth is what it is :)

• tec
    tec
    PS - don't bother telling me that I didn't do it right or enough or some other bs - makes you sound worse than a JW.

How could I possibly tell you anything of the sort? I don't know your heart, and I am neither Christ nor God. I can only answer from my own experience... and neither God nor Christ is answerable to me. God sent His Son to mankind, to teach us, and I have learned from Him. I can see and feel evidence of the Spirit helping me in my life. I have not 'heard' a voice, at least not one that I recognize. But I will simply continue to exercise faith in Christ, and listen to Him as best as I can, by following the love and mercy that He taught, and lived. I do not give up or turn away.

If something more comes to me, then it comes to me. But I belong to Him. If I have to wait (for whatever reason) to hear His Voice, then I will wait, because I trust and love Him. I won't let impatience or a sense of entitlement destroy my faith, or the peace that I know HE has given me. And I didn't get that peace on my own; believe me, I tried.

I am sorry that, for whatever reason, you turned away, JIFB, (being serious, not sarcastic or chiding here), even though I understand that you probably thought it was the opposite at one point, and perhaps now think that there was nothing to turn away from, or nothing to turn away from you.

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I won't let impatience or a sense of entitlement destroy my faith,

The things you say, sometimes, dear, dear tec (the greatest of love and peace to you!). Sometimes my heart just overflows with, "Yes, YES, YES !!"

Peace... and as always, may JAH [continue to] bless!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• sabastious
    sabastious

*backs away slowly and hopes no one noticed he came into the thread*

-Sab

• freydo
    freydo

As JB Rotherham points out in the intro to his translation(as best I recall)

"Trying to spell the name of God with the vowels from adonai is like trying to spell Germany

with the vowels of Portugal."

So did he correct the error in his translation - NO!

Continued the error, just as jw's, in favor of tradition.

"Get out of her my people."

• tec
    tec

(((Shelby))) - and peace back to you.

SAB!!! I see you sneaking out :)

• sabastious
    sabastious
    SAB!!! I see you sneaking out

%^&!

-Sab

Share this

Google+