That one night....what if?

by rhett 1 Replies latest social relationships

• rhett
    rhett

Posting in another thread made me think of a girl from years ago.
    How many people out there have been so head over heals for someone but for whatever reasons couldn't be with them?
    My senior year there was this girl named Lisa that I was just so in love with. We were friends almost all year long and she had a boyfriend in the next town over which means that I couldn't date her. I won't go into details but towards the end of the year there was one night where it was just us and we kissed. There is no doubt what so ever that I could have slept with her if I wanted to. I just didn't want to, not under those conditions. I really did want to be with her and had wanted to for months but I wanted to be her boyfriend if it happened and I wasn't. That really was one of the best kisses of my life and there has always been that thought in my mind that wonders what would have happened if we would have had slept together that night. After that night we never talked about it again and eventually just kind of drifted apart. Don't get me wrong, I love my wife and would not even think twice about wanting to trade but I still have to wonder what would've happened if that night would have went differently?
    Has anyone else ever been in a situation even close to that? What happened with it and how do you feel about it now?

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• KissAFish
    KissAFish

I have had a similar experience..Rhett...

I left jw's 9 years ago...and well AHHHH found an Italian Catholic..!! But while I was a jw..( GOOOOOOOOOD).....I was mucking around with a jw guy... who I really really liked..and would have easily slept with.. By the time we nearly got there..I was thrown out of the religion and my sisters house...!!! well to cut a long story short we met up a few years later, and we SNOGGED again..(mmmm but by now I had my boyfriend...now hubby...who i loved dearly) and it just wasn't the same.. we nearly slept together ..but I figured my relationship with him was bred in the JW scene..and almost surreal..you know jw guy meets..oooh jw girl...And what I had with (hubby) was the real relationship...So many of my ex freinds ended up getting forced into relationships and marriage this way.. and they expect me to be the less then happy doomed one..NEWS FOR THEM...!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit