How can they say that every human DESERVES to die

by jambon1 6 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

Religion generally sickens me. For various reasons. Perhaps in my own case it is just because of my bad experiences.

However, in my own moments of deep thought I cannot help but realise how absolutely insane some of the teachings are.

How can JW's (and other religions) say that every human deserves to die. I mean, from the moment of conception, the existance of any human being is totally down to pure chance. Every human being did not ask to be born. So how the **** can anyone possibly be in any way responsible for their own 'sin' thus deserving to die?

It just does not make sense.

What does make sense is the way that the teaching really is religions 'trump card'. Ensuring that the believer forever becomes a slave to the religion. The believer sees that the only way to avoid the deserved 'death sentance' is to practice/put faith in god.

No wonder so many JW's particularly have such low self-esteem. Being drip fed this shit ****s up peoples minds. Makes people punish themselves. Needlessly.

Anone else see how manipulative & cunning this teaching is?

J

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It gets worse. Many believe that people DESERVE to burn in Hell (or worse) for all eternity.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

The funny thing is, "original sin" is a church doctrine that emerged many centuries after Christ, and it doesn't even stand up to scriptural scrutiny. The NT refers to "sin" coming into the world through "Adam", but what these religions don't tell you is that the early Christians viewed the Garden of Eden story as an allegory.

Jesus exonerated little children from inherited sin when he said that we had to be like them in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

~PS

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Religion was invented to control man. The whole born into sin crap is just another way of making people feel worthless and make them believe they need a certain religion to be worthy of life.

It's all about contolling the masses.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    It gets worse. Many believe that people DESERVE to burn in Hell (or worse) for all eternity.

And some believe that many are predestined to do just that before they are even born.

• streets76
    streets76

The only sensible thing JFR ever said, "Religion is a snare and a racket." Of course, he was an expert on snare and rackets.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Unfortunately the Watchtower Publishing company has warped the minds of JWs so much that they carry this hatred any anything religious with them into their ex-JW lives ... the Watchtower continues to control ex-JWs, even though they believe that they are free.

The Catholic Church teaches that we deserve to live ... and that the stain of sin is paid by the death of Christ, which is very "scriptural." Most Evangelical teach similarly, that it is not what we do, but only what Christ did that counts. All we need to do is have faith in Jesus ... and we are free. Faith as tiny as a "mustard seed" is more than enough for God. I cannot fathom the problem. Hell is a condition where one chooses to be separate from God ... the "fires" are a metaphor for a choice that is unnatural and self-destructive.

Predestination was invented by John Calvin, one of the fathers of the 16th century Reformation that rebelled against a misguided and at times corrupt Church. Unfortunately, Calvin's teachings, like the Watchtower's, did not act to improve or reform, but rather added more confusion and hatred, leading to religious wars ... and led to more rebellion by more and more movements.

After a few years of being an ex-JW, I became somewhat of a Christian agnostic, rejecting religions, and not sure about God ... but I held to basic acceptance of the teachings of Christ ... yet I was moving farther from faith. Eventually, I was able to shed the warped thinking of Watchtower-ism, and chose to have faith and live free Jesus Christ. I did reconcile with the Catholic Church because that is where my roots are, and because of her basic good teachings. However, I make no excuses for her historic wrongs ... or the sins of some of her leaders. However, I do not hold my faith hostage for the sins of past generations ... they lived as they thought best ... they screwed up as humans do ... and I have to live as I best think, and hope that I and my generation will not be judged by my children and grand children's generations.

While the above views and attitudes by various posters is understandable ... I feel that the anger and warped thinking resulting from Watchtower false teaching allows many ex-JWs to live in a vacuum, and not grow and discover that Christianity is a wonderful faith once one chooses freedom in Christ (Gal. 5:1) as St. Paul puts it ... and to let go, forgive, and not feel this need to keep condemning religion ... for many billions who have faith are good and caring people and were never part of the "shit" created by many religious movements ... and do not deserve harsh judgment.

You all deserve to live and not die ... and honest Christians do not judge you. Live free ... if that means faith in Christ, then great. If it mean atheism or agnosticism ... so be it ... I just hope that you all can let go of the anger and move forward in a positive direction. - Jim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit