What do the Witnesses claim was God's purpose for the Gentile Times?

by The_Present_Truth 0 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

When watching the History of JW's last night they mentioned that period of darkness they refer to as the Gentile Times where no light was coming from God and the Churches were keeping the bulk of mankind in the dark by only having the scriptures in Latin. I can't remember, because I've been away so long, but maybe some of you do ... what do the JWs claim was God's purpose in allowing that period of darkness to go on for so long?

I mean, according to 1 Timothy 2:3,4 it says:" 3 This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. "

So if it's his will that "all sorts" of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth, why would he allow the churchs to suppress people's learning by keeping the Bible in Latin only? But then again, when you consider that the scriptures say "He's" responsible for confusing the languages, "He's" never been to fond of making it easy on people to come to know him has he?

Genesis 11:8,9 : " 8 Accordingly Jehovah scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth, and they gradually left off building the city. 9 That is why its name was called Ba´bel, because there Jehovah had confused the language of all the earth, and Jehovah had scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth. "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit