House to House and Door to Door proves to be a shame diversion

by Terry 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Heaven
    Heaven

Terry. You can't tell these people *anything.* That's what i've learned. No Communicato. EOM.

Actually, when they knock on my door I tell THEM that they are Jehovah's Witnesses (because they don't say who they are). That puts them off guard right away because they don't expect anyone to really know about them.

I let them do their schpiel and then I launch into a story about how my Mom was a Jehovah's Witness and she was so miserable that she smoked herself into the grave. I then ask them the question "How can a woman with such wonderful hopes and beliefs do this to herself?"

They can't wait to get off my porch.

The door-to-door work is 'busy work' -- even the Governing Body has admitted to this. It give the masses something to do that they think is all important so that they don't concentrate on the things that are niggling in the back of their psyche.

• Terry
    Terry

The last few (very few) JW's that came to the door were soooooo young and clueless about anything their religion taught more than a month ago it was astounding.

Among the older folks who still knock doors there may still be a few that have that ego working which makes them cocksure they can answer any objection.

Everybody who is intellectually dead among the JW's doesn't really care what has been wrong or may now be wrong; they are on auto pilot.

The best and most fertile ground for planting a seed that might cause somebody to investigate beyond the Society's literature is never quite known for certain. It only takes the effort to give a calm response that sets the mind back into activity again away from the programming.

I use to make the analogy that the food at the proper time they were delivering at the door was rancid, spoiled and refried error on stale bread.

Meals on Heels, I called it. People who taste it eventually puke up their common sense.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

The house to house ministry was a lucrative business for the Watchtower

Society for years. People often paid for the literature just to get rid of

the persistent Jehovah's Witness. The "publisher" guaranteed a constant

demand for the literature even though most of it ended up in trash bins.

Today, the "profit" is internal. Whatever the Watchtower publishes, it has

ready consumers among its members. But no Jehovah's Witness ever

thinks to ask why all this is necessary. Jesus and the apostles spread

the "good news" by mouth. They used a public forum for their audience.

(Synagogues, public squares, personal contact, etc.) There is no

clear record that a house to house ministry ever existed at that time.

• Timothy Riches
    Timothy Riches

Even the DVDs they release are for internal consumption, limited distribution, aggressively purged from public video sites. It all adds up. I can't believe I haven't noticed these things together before.

• sabastious
    sabastious

This is an amazing post, Terry.

Thank you for it.

-Sab

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

You can learn more here in one day than a life time sitting

in the Kingdom Hall.

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

I called my mom out on the fact the the WT is just a publishing company using them as guinea pigs to buy their literature after she called me about a year ago I guess, and was raving about some new publication they had gotten either at the circuit assembly or the district convention. I'm like, "Oh really? Is there something in this "new" publication that hasn't already been covered in the thousands of previous publications?" (((Gasp))) on the other end of the phone. She says the publication has "new" information. I asked her if she knew what Solomon said regarding things that were "new" and the writing of many books?

Then I quoted her Eccl. 1:9,10: 9 : " That which has come to be, that is what will come to be; and that which has been done, that is what will be done; and so there is nothing new under the sun. 10 Does anything exist of which one may say: “See this; it is new”? It has already had existence for time indefinite; what has come into existence is from time prior to us."

and then quoted Eccl: 12:11,12:

11 " The words of the wise ones are like oxgoads, and just like nails driven in are those indulging in collections [of sentences]; they have been given from one shepherd. 12 As regards anything besides these, my son, take a warning: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion [to them] is wearisome to the flesh."

(((GASP))) !!!!!

She's like, "Who have you been talking to? APOSTATES???" (Yep, those darn apostates.)

I told her, "Just been reading my Bible mom. The only book God gave us and has saw fit to preserve all these years and not add to it. Considering that the WTBTS has only been around a short time - maybe what, 150 years+/-? ... I guess God felt the Bible was enough for mankind to get by with for the first 5850 years of mankind's existence (+/-) without having some publishing company printing thousands of books and magazines to interpret it. Don't you think?"

(((GASP)))

It's sad, sad when people are so delusional they can't put two and two together. I just got done watching a spot on CNBC talking about a Scientologist minister turned Ponzi scheme ochestrator. There's a sucker born every minute. Considering I'm in the investment business (legitimate, registered with FINRA/NASD and the States I conduct business in), I sit there and watch these TV shows on Ponzi schemes and see all the flags. I think to myself, "How do people buy into this cr@p???" One of the comments made by one of the SEC agents that took the guy down was that "in California, what sells big is exclusivity - limited access, 'only a few can get in' type sales pitches".

In a way, that's the pitch the WTBTS and JW's are making to people, and there are still those out there buying it hook, line and sinker. "Narrow is the road leading to everlasting life, and few are the ones traveling it. We know the way. Follow us."

• Terry
    Terry

Speaking of collections...

Any active JW (who is a closet-Apostate) could with a little effort perform a great visual demonstration.

They could assemble all the published books by the Watchtower Society on a table top with a sign next to it:

"How many of these books are still True"?

What interesting discussion might ensue!

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

That would be priceless Terry. That's a YouTube video waiting to happen.

• Terry
    Terry

Even a person skilled at Photoshop could probably do it with a bit of cut and paste from sources all over the Internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit