Encouragement for my friend...

by lostsheep82 4 Replies latest jw friends

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

Hi Everyone,

I recently found a brother from the hall I grew up in, and a sister as well, they are dating. They both recently realized it isn't the 'truth' and are having a hard time. I'd like to show them how much love is on this site. This is what he posted on Facebook ex jw page recently:

"i am tierd. my heart is broken, i wonder how many more times i can pick myself up. i used to love but wonder if it was worth it? please help."

anyone have any words of encouragement for my friends? Its nice to know others from my past realize the same too, it's wonderful!

• Ding
    Ding

Share what you're going through.

It helps to know that you're not alone and that other people understand and care.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Those who truly were searching for the "Truth" responded to the desire to share undeserved kindness, unselfish love and "Godly Love" based on principal. Those who finally leave the "Truth" realize they didn't really find it. It is within them and can only be shared with a few no matter where you find them. Few people will truly care in return. Now they are free to find those people without conditions put on them by old geezers in NY who think they speak for God. Seek your own truth and come here to read.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I was born "in", raised "in", discovered things, and came "out." I am "out" of "it" but cast into this strange, new world. A world where I feel like, am , and will always be a stranger. I am now "in" this new world, but I don't exactly fit into it. I look at customs, holidays, "good things" like college and flag, and always see them as an outsider. No matter how much I am "in" this world, my cult experience will view it differently. So, I come here where I find fellowship with the other stangers who are struggling with this same identity crisis. We are strangers to our new world. And, JWN and other sites like it are a place of possibilities, no absolutes, but controversy and thinking are allowed. Even political differences come to try to divide. But, we are all so divided anyway. Divided from the Watchtower's cocoon of certainty, black and white thinking, a clear goal, etc. Now, we have to make our own goals and learn out thoughts for ourselves. There is no question and answer paragraph format and instant microphone here. But, it is a place where everyone knows your name and shares your troubles (or at least your Avatar). No one can understand an ex-JW, like another ex-JW.

Welcome.

Skeeter

• skeeter1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit