JWs love that " new generation" teaching- yes, they do.

by moshe 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Well done, indeed.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Moshe jw's love the generation teaching, But I don't think they get that it's new light. Back in my hayday of confronting jw elders and bethelites about the generation teachings. i found 99% had no idea about the 1995 change. and I'm talking about oldtime hardcore jw's. they all held fast to the generation that saw 1914 would see the end. Till I showed them the 1995 change. this went on for months at many k hall librarys just me against as many as 7 jw's at once. I would only meet them at the hall library then start pulling the wt books off the shelf backing up everything, they denied the wt ever said. I made a lot of old timers that I personally knew eat CROW. After they told me 40 years ago I would never finish junior high school. Funny I told these old timers they would all die before armageddon, and they laughed at me... Guess what most of them are dead or close to the grave. who had the last laugh?

• sabastious
    sabastious

JunkYardDog, they don't remember the 1995 one for the same reason they accept the 2010 one, they didn't know it was a "change"

Good call!

-Sab

• factfinder
    factfinder

They will just automatically go along with anything the WT says. You really have to be standing away from it to see it as it truly is.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The WATCHTOWER leadership has the world's greatest scam going, and they know it.

"WE are authorized by God to give you a ticket to salvation! We are the sole channel of communication used by Almighty God today!

The END will come SOON! If you remain faithful to US and die before then, GOD will resurrect you into PARADISE!

The time spent in death will be like a brief nap, BUT YOU MUST REMAIN FAITHFUL TO US TO GAIN THIS BENEFIT!"

It is a nearly perfect scheme. The people who leave are those who:

1. can't abide the rules

2. don't like being told how to think

3. those who are PERSONALLY trodden upon by the treads of the WATCHTOWER machine.

The Sheeple who stay dream of their slice of the big pie in the sky and their mansion on a hill, their pet lions and porpoises, and they roll over and go back to sleep whenever they are told to. Broken families and dead children are not too high a price to pay for THE DREAM.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I was in the KH when this new teaching was brought before us. I think it was a sunday and it was in the WT study article. No one blinked. I think at that time only 25% of the audience understood the change and from them about only a very few really gave a damn. It was one of the moments when you can see the monstrous spider behind his glittering web.

I have no doubt that the Wanktower Society will fall. And I take immense pleasure in knowing this will happend during my lifetime and I will live to see the event and dance on it's grave.

• carla
    carla

bttt & marking

• moshe
    moshe
    The WATCHTOWER leadership has the world's greatest scam going, and they know it.

Right you are Nathan! I have ruined many a JWs morning when they failed to even come close to proving their paradise earth teaching. A couple verses here and there, that's all they have. The JWs subscribe to the "sunk cost" paradigm, much like the slot machine addict who has wagered everything on one machine, they refuse to walk away from it, as they are convinced it has to payoff as long as they follow the path given to them by the WT and the GB.

There are thousands of Christian sects and they each appeal to different tastes. That, Live on a Paradise Earth forever- you'll never have to die, one draws in to new converts for the KH everyday.

The JWs, as has been noted by all, don't seem to pay any attention to their doctrines- they just follow the KH crowd, turn in some time, attend some meetings and all is well for them in JW-land.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Much like a physically beaten/abused wife with no place to go, the JWs can only cling to the false belief that tomorrow will be a better day.

For the cowed JWs, the deadline to facing reality about 1914 has been postponed (and not a minute too soon) and buried now for another 20-30 years. The JWs can continue on with their pathetic and wasted lives just like nothing has changed.

Your words moshe are sadly to very true.

LITS

• agonus
    agonus

Another 20-30 years?

I'm not so sure. What about when 2014 rolls around? How well do you think Invisible Jesus Centennial is going to go over with the tired elderlies who just got the finger from Splane & Co.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit