JWs love that " new generation" teaching- yes, they do.

by moshe 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

JWs aren't encouraged to examine what they believe.

They're just supposed to accept it as meat in due season from the FDS.

Asking too many questions is bad... independent... maybe even apostate thinking...

• garyneal
    garyneal

marked for later

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

What I don't get is how they don't SEE, that no matter what the generation teaching. According to them Christ has been enthroned as king for 100 years now....and yet no paradise in sight. What king/president or whatever you want to call it. Sits down and plays tiddly winks for 100 years before he starts activly ruling. It makes no sence what so ever! and even the there day equals 1000 years in heaven. Then that is a really freaking long time to do nothing.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Moshe:

You're point......

'Much like a physically beaten/abused wife with no place to go, the JWs can only cling to the false belief that tomorrow will be a better day' has a ring of truth to it. However, a physically beaten/abused wife will eventually snap. Many remember the movie based on a true story 'The Burning Bed'. That sucker died in an inferno set ablaze by the abused wife!

What are the chances that the R & F (the abused wife) will snap? Many think the chances are good. A person can only take soooo much!

• garyneal
    garyneal

Okay, back to comment.

I think witnesses love that new generation teaching because it gives them a sigh of relief. People want to believe what their hearts want them to believe.

I think about all the people who go on Montel to speak with Sylvia Brown or when she comes to the coliseum in our area and people want to see her. They genuinely believe that she has a gift. People will ask her questions that most rational people will believe that there aren't any real answers to, and she'll answer them. One lady asked her when she would meet her soul mate, honestly who can answer that with conviction? Sylvia can.... Not only did she state when, but where they would meet, what his name is, the color of his skin, and what clothes he's wearing.

Now, let's say Sylvia told this woman that she would meet her soulmate on an elevator at a Holiday Inn, wearing a grey suit, who's name is Mark, and is brown, maybe black on November 23 next year. Let's say the lady instead meets a man at the Sheraton hotel, stepping off the elevator, but his name was Mark and he was brown on November 18th. Did Sylvia predict falsely?

Depends... On what this lady's heart wanted to believe. I think most people will agree that if this chick fell madly in love with and married this man at some later date, she will thank Sylvia for this prediction.

This could also be a form of self fulfilling prophecy on the lady's part, but I won't go that deep.

Needless to say, the generation teaching to rank and file Jehovah's Witnesses is similar. The generation that saw 1914 shall by no means pass away until the end comes. But hey, now that nearly 100 years has passed without incident, we're getting better understanding of the generation and 1914. The slave was never wrong. Praise Jah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit