Rutherford Conspriracy

by fadinfast 5 Replies latest jw friends

• fadinfast
    fadinfast

Having read up on Rutherford, but certainly not all that is out there by any means,[ so if it has been discussed point me in the right direction] one thought keeps coming to mind. When he brought himself to the 'top of the ladder' as Ray Franz brought out he had a Chronological nightmare, 'he was faced with two choices: rectifying by

frank admission of error, or trying to justify the predictions of his

Predecessor. He chose the course of justification'.[or in plain English BS his way out]

My question is having the legal knowledge, seeing how and where the war was going, having the ability to write and stir people up, could he have purposely set out to put himself [and others?]in jail "a martyr for the cause" so to speak. He may have had to include a few close confidants, but knowing how he liked to keep everyone as mushrooms, properly not.

Also I once read where someone said that Rutherford said he spoke in Jehovah's name, at a public talk at Madison Square Park, and the talk was written up in a watchtower, if true, could someone pleas provide me the reference.

I'll leave with this thought, probably been used before but I haven't spotted it . We all know he was an alcoholic. So I thought these words had a humorous ring to them:

Three days later, on Friday, September 5, which was called Co-Laborers' Day, Brother Rutherford further stated: "In sober moments a Christian naturally asks himself, Why am I on the earth? And the answer of necessity must be, The Lord has graciously made me his ambassador to bear the divine message of reconciliation to the world, and my privilege and duty is to announce that message."proclaimers ch7 p77

Says two things to me 1: He would never have known why he was on earth.

2: If one needed to have 'sober moments' for 'The Lord' to do what is described there, then by his own admissions he was never chosen. FF

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/best-of/77958/1/The-Best-of-Rutherford-info

I have found these topics VERY interesting. There is a bunch, and if you haven't read them all, you should. I loved it!

• clarity
    clarity

Rutherford was in trouble with the Law, mainly because he was a loud mouth idiot! Then he twisted and used scripture to explain being sentenced as though God was doing a cleansing for 3 1/2 yrs. Dig into his court case and you'll see that he didn't actually spend much time in jail at all. Mostly out on bail if I remember right. That guy sure knew how to work it!

• clarity
    clarity

www.freeminds.org/.../rutherford/did-j.-f.-rutherford-lie-about-being- exonerated.html

• fadinfast
    fadinfast

Grandma, thanks, I have read a fair bit there, and will certainly keep doing so,

clarity, thanks also, link does'nt work, but I will find it. FF

• VM44
    VM44

The booklet and the audio of the talk itself may be downloaed from archive.org.

Government And Peace By Judge Rutherford (1939))

"Government and Peace," lecture given by "Judge" J.F. Rutherford at Madison Square Garden in New York on June 25, 1939. Rutherford was president of the Watchtower Society (Jehovah's Witnesses). At about 25:20 into the lecture, a group started shouting "Boo!" in an attempt to disturb the meeting.

http://www.archive.org/details/GovernmentAndPeaceByJudgeRutherford

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit