Any melancholy about not being with JW relatives for Thanksgiving?

by TastingFreedom 2 Replies latest jw friends

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

I look forward to a Happy Thanksgiving with my family, and my cousin's family. We grew up together and share many childhood experiences. She has been of a great source of support after leaving the cult. When it comes to food, we will have stuffed baguettes with Salvadoran roast turkey and it special sauce. It should be delicious!!

I have to admit that it's a bit difficult to think about not being able to be with my siblings and my parents for this special holiday. We used to celebrate it together even as JWs. We didn't call it "Thanksgiving", but we still had an excuse to get together and have turkey. But with the shunning that is not possible anymore as we all know.
    So there is a bit of melancholy thinking about that, I miss those good old times where the whole family could be together. I guess many of us here share that common sadness. It's a loss for everybody because of this stupid cult. I know they suffer just as much.

Do you guys have the same feelings? I guess we all need to have sympathy for each other, since we all relate to this sad situation.

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

A minute of silence for those who are still stuck and not able to be with family on such a special occasion.

I guess I'm the only one struggling a little bit with missing some of the close relatives that are still trapped in the cult. :(

Happy thanksgiving everybody!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Thank you, Tasting Freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit