Did Young Jesus Have Any Memory of His Pre-Human Existence?

by leavingwt 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

A cult, huh? Wow! Why didn't I think of that before?

• Violia
    Violia

The WT quotes sound a lot like the musings of folks who believe in reincarnation of a past life. They recall certain things or have feelings about a certain place and can't really explain it .

There is so much about Jesus' life that we do not know about. I have not read the "other" books that did not get included in the Bible but they might shed some light on his knowledge of his pre-human existence.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I found the same "Evidently" term in both of those paragraphs. Yet, the witlesses never think of both simultaneously--nor do they think of the "Evidently" as meaning that it might not be true. Where is the evidence?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

For newbies:

Here are two ways you can spot the BS in WT publications: (1) Anything published in a 'Question from Readers' article and (2) all of the text following the word "evidently".

Carry on.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

leavingwt many thanks for pointing that out. I remember going over the thursday study and remembering the other article, which imo aren't fully compatible. Anything that starts with 'evidently' is questionable. Also clauses starting with "Apparently" or "It appears that ...".

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Evidently, I was in a cult.

• tec
    tec

I agree that knowledge and memory are two different things. I'm just wondering how they draw the conclusion that Jesus evidently had no memory of his pre-existence? Just because he called a temple his father's house at twelve? If I recall correctly, he also called a temple his father's house on the day he overturned the money changers and such.

Not that this means he was referring to the building over the people worshipping, mind you.

Tammy

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

I guess it pisses me off that they use words like Evidently without knowing the DEFINITION of Evidently. Evidently means that there is evidence of something, that it is a clear statement. Grrrr on them for publishing this bullshit. It just makes the rank and file sit there going "wow jehovah's organization has so much knowledge that others don't." They are so stupid and careless with their publishing. You would think after like 100 years of publishing, they would run out of lies to tell.

Definition: evidently ['?v?d?ntl?]

adv 1. without question; clearly; undoubtedly evidently adverb 1. obviously, clearly, plainly, patently, undoubtedly, manifestly, doubtless, without question, unmistakably, indisputably, doubtlessly, incontrovertibly, incontestably He had evidently just woken up.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My mother thinks he did.

When defending the global flood she said Jesus mentioned it and he should know because he was there.

Me, "He didn't say it was global and of course he knew about it. He'd been down the synagog. It was a religious doctrine of their day. Everyone knew that story."

Her, ....change subject .... as usual

I still don't know how the Kiwis got to New Zealand

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit