Swiss TV Program w/Andersons and Bowen on the Internet although in French

by AndersonsInfo 48 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I just received the email below from an XJW in Quebec. We were wondering if we would get to see the program, a JW expose', we were interviewed for last Spring and now everyone can see it all on the Internet. It aired on Swiss TV yesterday. Sorry to say it's entirely in French. The interview with Bill Bowen, Joe and I can be seen towards the end of the 52 minute documentary speaking English but translated into French. This program was seen in France, Italy and Switzerland. Barbara A very good documentary on JW's aired on Nov. the 11th. We can see Bill Bowen and the Anderson's. It's in French though. "Grandir avec Jéhovah" : "Growing with Jehovah" Online : http://www.tsr.ch/emissions/temps-present/2482487-grandir-avec-jehovah.html

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Bill Bowen's interiew starts at about minute 36, and the Andersons come a little later. It was too difficult for me to hear what was spoken in English.

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

Great Work Barbara

I am really proud of you......

E

• Scott77
    Scott77

Sorry, cannot read French. However, Kudos to all of you for the good work. Yes, its important to expose the Watchtower. Its not what it claim to be.

Scott77

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I received this email from Roberto di Stafano, a poster on JWN, whose interview appeared early on in the Swiss program. His daughter, Amanda, was the first one who expressed herself about what it was like being raised a JW. His son, Fulvio, was the next one interviewed.

Roberto's email:

Hi Barb, Yes indeed, it was an excellent program! I have appreciated that they did not misrepresent what we tried to communicate; you know how some journalists are sometimes.

We wanted to call you when the program was over, but we had so many phone calls and skype contacts that you cannot imagine; even my doctor called right afterwards. At the end I was so stressed and tired that I had to go to bed.

I plan to translate it into English and Italian, once I get the OK from the TV Program management. Will let you know.

It is good that you post it on JWN. I really had no time, and just did it in French apart from Italian.

Reactions are very explosive, people are insulting Amanda and Fulvio on the TV forum, where spectators can comment, all JW of course, whereas the general public was applauding the courage we had to leave, on one hand, and to come in the open on TV to witness against the WT.

Roberto

• laverite
    laverite

In french? Awesome. So totally NOT a problem. Marking to view later.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Edited from a Google translation of the video description:

Growing up with Jehovah

Veritable canvassers for God, Jehovah's Witnesses knock on doors in almost every country. They are 18,000 in Switzerland, 7 million worldwide. Swiss Romande [French-speaking Switzerland], "Present Time" went to meet those who believe and those who have lost it, and reassembled at the source of a global pedophilia scandal. All those who testify in this story throughout the course have a unique common point: they grew up with Jehovah.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Yeah! I think we all need to go to Switzerland to watch it?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

aren't the folks in Switzerland known to be more liberal with their sexuality and orientation then most cultures?

just wondering because I have heard that this is the case.

orangefatcat..

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

aren't the folks in Switzerland known to be more liberal with their sexuality and orientation then most cultures?

just wondering because I have heard that this is the case.

orangefatcat..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit