Jan Awake, stating JW's are only true religion

by lostsheep82 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

I haven't posted in a long time. Most trying to recover and still get my head straight, this religion when you find it's not the 'truth' is hard to move on sometimes. My mom urgently needed to speak to me about a magazine that just came out. You can download the PDF for January 2011 awake here:

http://www.jw.org/index.html

It blatently states that JW's are the only true relgion quoting book writers and the relgion encyclopedia. My mom is super excited and the JW's have been waiting for an article like this to come out. I know they have said it before, but are they grasping at straws here? I want so badly to have my mom realize the truth about this religion but they publish stuff like this it makes the believers all the more avid!

It makes me shake my head in frustration:(

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

LOST SHEEP: It makes me shake my head in frustration:(

I shake my head in absolute frustration when I hear my parents drone on about the only and absolute "TROOF"

At this point I feel it is best for my parents to die believing it is the only true religion. It has been their whole life and now they are at the end of that JW life. Sometimes it is best to let them have their fairy tale.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

She probably believes that Armageddon is "just around the corner", too.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, for pete's sake...

I cannot believe that ANYONE not on the WatchTower payroll, would claim that they are the "TRUE™ " religion...

Research the sources. Who the heck puts out this "religion encyclopedia", anyway????

Also, 3 billion dollars can buy a lot of cooperation from small, struggling publishing companies....

Zid

• sabastious
    sabastious

I feel for ya lostsheep. It's hard to watch people rejoice over religious bigotry.

-Sab

• bohm
    bohm

The "Atheism on the march" magazine also had an interview with a scientist who assure the reader that all "true science" agree with the bible.

"true" religion, "true" science, "true" worship. Whats next, all "true" facts agree with X? all "true" arguments agree with Y? Somehow the prefix "true" does not have the ring of credibility.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

If the link at http://www.encyclopedia.com/article-1G2-3424501597/jehovah-witnesses.html is the article they're quoting from (and the online article is sourced to The Encyclopedia of Religion), it contains the following statements:

• Like other sectarian Protestant groups founded in the later nineteenth century, they claim to restore Christianity to its original doctrines and practices.
    • In matters of faith and practice, Jehovah's Witnesses submit to the theocratic authority of the Watchtower Society.
    • Russell's personal life was marked by controversies. He based some of his biblical interpretations on analyses of the Great Pyramid ...

The WTS is very skilled at plucking convenient quotes from published literature to give the impression of an official endorsement.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Hold on, JW's have been waiting for an article to come out that states that the Encyclopedia of Religion says they are "distinctive" because they claim "they base all their beliefs on “the authority of the Bible, which entirely supplants tradition.” ?

Oh, and "A paper published by the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine states that Jehovah’s Witnesses aim to overcome “racial, national, religious, social, and economical differences.” The study explains that Jehovah’s Witnesses do not engage in “anti-state activity” and are “law-abiding citizens of their country.” ?

JW's have been waiting for this?

If someone thinks that the EOR acknowledging that they don't have centuries of traditional interpretation to rely on, and that a Ukrainian organisation acknowledging that they try not be racist, classist and so on, and that they don't commit treason and sedition as a rule, and generally obey the law..........if a Witness reads that as "They are all saying we are the true religion".........oh dear!

I think even the Witnesses will find as they read the next paragraph, it's not these organisations "recognising" them as "the true religion"! It's the Awake writers who say: "Because they closely follow the pattern of first-century Christians, it could be said that Jehovah’s Witnesses have successfully reinstated the form of worship that was established by Christ and his apostles." Er, ok. Or.....it could be said....they haven't....?

If a JW used those quotes to say others recognised him as the true religion, i think perhaps kindly asking them to re-read the paragraph might help!

PP

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is frustrating the JW's are so ignorant as to get excited just because their magazine tells them they are special. So what; it holds no weight. That magazine article is not unique, they have made the same claims endlessly over their history, as do every marketing organization.

• wiser
    wiser

who wrote this book, satan?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit