Todays Daily Text

by purplesofa 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

This is just one more example of how the GB doesn't understand how to interpret scripture according to context. If you read 1Cor chapter 6 and THEN chapter 7, you get a clearer picture of why Paul was talking about this subject.

For one thing, the Corinthians were saying that NO ONE should get married (or having sex since it was a desire of flesh) (See vs 1 after examining the context of Chapter 6) But Paul was showing that there are benefits and there are risks associated with both marriage AND non-marriage. Paul was saying that sex between a husband and wife was NOT succombing to the flesh, but was of value (see vs 2-4). He was also saying there was danger in remaining single because of the desire for sex. (also vs 2) In vs 8 Paul acknowledge that he saw benefits in staying single. He expands his talk about being BALANCED in your view in vs 17-19 when he said that both circumcision and uncircumcision was NOTHING. I personally took it as comparing this to marriage and non-marriage is NOTHING. The importance is your calling and love and faith for God. vs 27 and 28 says that each one should be happy in their own position and station in life. He was not forbidding marriage, nor was he saying that one SHOULD get married. But each had it's own tribulations.

And so, this WT comment in the days text misses the entire point. They used the scripture to even further solidify parents in the cult. They used this verse out of context to show that some kids would stop being slaves of the Watchtower when they said:

In case a son or a daughter of a Christian family stops serving Jehovah, it is, indeed, “tribulation” for parents who have tried to raise him or her in
    God’s truth.—Prov. 17:25. w08 4/15 4:14, 15

Nefarious scheme at best...IMO

• carvin
    carvin

Well, maybe all JW will heed this advice and stop having children. That would be a good thing for the children, so they won't have to suffer like many others did.

MrsJones - I know the feeling my elder dad (neither of us were born in he converted and then so did I) still tries to blame others for my not being a JW anymore. He would sometime say things like "You just don't want to be told what to do.", or other similar comments. I told him that I was just using the wisdom that he and my mother taught me to think for myself and to objectivly look at all sides of an issue and make the right dession. Ever since then my leaving was somebody elses fault. I think they insist on that so they can say they did everything right.

Wouldn't it be nice to be a fly on the wall on judgement day and here all the lame excuses they give for treating family so hatefuly?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    He would sometime say things like "You just don't want to be told what to do."

I HATE that! I get told that ALL the time! I don't mind being told what to do! I'm told what to do by my boss everyday!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks for your comments,

I don't want to have an ongoing fight with my children,

I want to love them, guide them, support them, teach them, enjoy them.

It's not fun and games all the time,

but we are a family. It's my family.

My responsibility.

The way they live their life is their choice,

my always being their mother is not.

I saw the torment my youngest daughter went through

trying to be a teenage JW. I think it scarred me worse than her.

Thanks for reading.

• antes8080
    antes8080

tribulation how nice the fact is the jehova does not whant your kid in paradise only that ppl he whants so he is so loving

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

So are they saying that kids can/may be a pain in the arse now or later?

Snoozy

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wouldn't it be nice to be a fly on the wall on judgement day and here all the lame excuses they give for treating family so hatefuly?

Yes Carvin, that would be something to see (you got that right, my parents have been extremely hateful. Now my husband, kids and I are "you people" instead of family).

• Honesty
    Honesty

"In case a son or a daughter of a Christian family stops serving Jehovah, it is, indeed, “tribulation” for parents who have tried to raise him or her in God’s truth.—Prov. 17:25. w08 4/15 4:14, 15"

I wish those asses up in NYC would stop writing shit about me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit