puting themself in the same office as the apostles

by serein 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• serein
    serein

1 Cor 11:12 Now what I am doing I still do, that I may cut off the pretext from those who are wanting a pretext for being found equal to us in the office of which they boast. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.

So, would anyone think this explains the governing body?

Look up the definition of pretext to get the full understanding.

• Chalam
    Chalam

So, would anyone think this explains the governing body?

Yes, they are part of those described in the text there.

When I first heard the governing body was a group averaging around twelve men I thought they had clearly set themselves up as counterfeit apostles.

This verse described them clearly also. I am sure it resonated with Ray Franz before he left.

1 Timothy 4:2 (New International Version © 2010)

2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Serein,

I agree, fits GB to a T. Your quote is right on, but plse edit scripture 1 Cor - is actually 2 Cor thanks.

• serein
    serein

o no put 1 by mistake,

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I read the entire book of Galatians last night and that book DESTROYS the modern day concept of the governing body. Paul didn't meet with Peter until he had been preaching for 3 years. And didn't meet with the other apostles until he had been preaching for 14 MORE years (17 years all together)!!!

The structure of the JW organization does not match early Christianity in ANY way. Not even close, sad to say.

• designs
    designs

Its very much like the Presbyterian General Assembly, LDS Apostles, Catholic College of Cardinals, and the Eastern Orthodox Bishops.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit