A question for those who still believe.

by still wondering 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• still wondering
    still wondering

The first step to putting right the sin of Adam was for Christ to come to the earth to sacrifice his life, preach the gospel of the kingdom and the command to his disciples to preach and attempt to convert the world.

The second step will be or has been Christ’s second coming.

As it is a priority to put right the wrongs of Adam and to convert the world of mankind then the sooner the first step is implemented the greater the chance of achieving the desired result as the human population was still relatively small the further back in time so why did god take

FOUR THOUSAND HUMAN YEARS

to implement just the FIRST step?

WE’RE TALKING HUMAN TIME HERE, not Gods time, as he being the creator of time exists outside of physical time.

I must be overlooking something, but what?

Can anyone provide a rational explanation why action to put right such HUMAN wrongs was not taken in a HUMAN time scale?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Not sure what you mean...Human time scale?

4000 years is nothing in terms of time, human or otherwise.

Why is it taking so long?

Why? are you i n a rush? lol !

Peter said it best ( 2Peter 3:9): God is patient, not wanting ANY to perish but for all to come to repentence.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Time is not even a real thing. It's a human concept. We can live in eternal life having already been saved by Christ NOW.

The second step will be or has been Christ’s second coming.

This is the ultimate solution, but we do not need to focus on it too heavily. Yes, while I am writing this, Christ could come. But whether he comes now or in 1000 more years is of no consequence. It's all God's timeline and a huge mistake we made as JWs was to focus on THIS instead of the reality...living our life NOW for Christ KNOWING that he has saved us.

And, please realize that Christ has NOT come yet. When he comes, every eye will see Him. Those that did not choose to give Him glory will beat themselves in shame. But that will not be the case for those of us that have accepted Him as our Lord and Saviour. We will have shown that we HAVE BEEN already living for him.

"To live is Christ, and to die is gain." Phil 1:21

• snowbird
    snowbird

Can anyone provide a rational explanation why action to put right such HUMAN wrongs was not taken in a HUMAN time scale?

You mean like in a few days, weeks, months, years?

If that had happened, perhaps YOU wouldn't be here to ask that question.

Syl

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

I believe God sets in motion a process that at its completion will be what He intended from the beginning. Creation was a process. Abraham's entering the future Promised Land was a beginning of a process that would culminate in Israel. Israel a process culminating in the Christ. Christianity existing almost as long as the time from Abraham to the Christ is also a process that will lead to mankind's salvation at the revelation of God's Son. And sadly, will also, imo, reveal that Christianity was and is no better than the Jewish nation in that all people eventually go the wrong way and need correction.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Whenever I'm in a querulous, questing mood, Acts 1:7 brings me out of it, real quick like.

Syl

• still wondering
    still wondering

Thank you for all your replies, I’m mulling them over.

Even man can dispense justice for the most serious crimes, such as murder, in at most some years and it takes that long only because man is fallible and lacks perfect knowledge.

God who suffers neither of these drawbacks takes thousands of years and counting to deal with a wrong that took just seconds to commit.

Acts 1:7 tells us that God intends to keep us ignorant of his timetable, but that is not the same as keeping us ignorant of the reason why he takes a particular action. The fact that the bible attempts to explain mankind’s lot is evidence that he does want us to understand his ways.

It’s just that there are significant gaps that his rational creation would expect answers to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit