they have started to shun my child. its working perfectly!

by Evidently Apostate 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

sometimes control tactics backfire especially when directed to a mothers child. she is pissed bigtime at some in the hall who keep thier kids away from our son. she has seen the mental abuse before but this affects her and the maternal instinct kicks in. my sons crime, he has let his hair grow long which was enough to create a problem with some of his friends jw parents who now prohibit thier association with our child. this has promted daily discussions and when she asks why this is happening. i am careful not to assign blame on the parents who we are friends with but have been telling her "its not thier fault the belief system of this religion encourages separation from the non conformist. and i think this is very unsettling for her. we also let our children have non jw friends as we have never believed children are bad. thankfully he still has loyal friends(non jw)

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

They don't even realise that they're (the JW's) helping your cause..... Can you feel the love?

• tec
    tec

for your wife starting to see.

for them shunning your son.

Tammy

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

It might work for brotherdan if he can hang in there...

V665

• garyneal
    garyneal
    They don't even realise that they're (the JW's) helping your cause.....

Agreed, I think something like this would be the straw that broke the camel's back with my wife too. If they did something to hurt our children, I can't imagine my wife looking at them the same way ever again. They nearly lost her back when we were dating and she went on reproof for it. What really made that situation stink for her was because they were threatening to take away her mom's status as a pioneer over it. In my wife's word, "My mom had nothing to do with my decision to go out with you and they are taking away the one thing my mom loves the most."

She later learned how 'loving' that arrangement was after she went running back to the tower when things got bad in our marraige. However, now that things are actually getting better, she is beginning to express some regret over her getting baptized.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If you become grief stricken over this it will give her even more reason to go hmmmm.

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

flying high now, i have been working that angle, telling her i want our kids to have friends from both sides and to lose his jw friends would be a shame. i talked to one of them and got the impression his mom is enforcing this. i hope this kid realizes how pius his mother is acting. waiting on the jw inlaws forthcoming biased opinions on his hair. my FIL once said i looked like a bum because of a beard, he's a winner.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sometimes, just talking, having fellow feeling over how sad you are over nasty things witnesses is helpful. That's why the bubbas are always telling people not to give into being critical of anyone in the org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit