Writing a Letter to the FDS

by cameo-d 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I asked this question on another thread...but no one responded to it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/199271/1/CAMEO-d-You-have-a-PM

I am just wondering because I know some of you have written letters to Bethel or to the GB. But what would happen if you actually sent a letter and addressed it to a ficticious entity like the FDS? As it is against the law to open mail that is not directed to you....who would open the letter? If it was returned to you unopened, would it be proof that there is no such thing? It could be a novelty to pass around in the Hall.

Or suppose you wrote the WT administration and asked where to direct your letter to the FDS and how it should be addressed to reach the FDS Department...what sort of response would you get?

In my other thread, it is shown that the PO in Israel has some big boxes on the shelf addressed "Letters to God" because people really do send many letters there addressed that way. Many of your local Post Offices have dead letter boxes set up for the mail received for Santa Claus every year. Does the Bethel mailroom have a box set up for the FDS? Has anyone ever thought to challenge the existence of the FDS by writing a letter to this entity? Perhaps one who claims he is annointed and has a real need to speak with this fiction could find out???

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I don't think the GB cares much about the "law". The secretaries would read the letter and if it contained info that may be "damaging" to the GB, they would recieve the letter. Of course, there is ALWAYS a clause of deniability that is attached to ANYTHING they read.

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

If you do write one, perhaps include that because of rising fuel costs and running expenses of a Kingdom hall we should do away with the remaining mid week meeting in favor of a family movie night - Sundays are enough (although perhaps cut the WT to 1/2 hour).

• AnonJW
    AnonJW

I wrote to the GB once, I did get a reply. They also sent a copy of my letter and their reply to the cong elders!!!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

They usually do AnonJW - BTW welcome to the forum

• Heaven
    Heaven

I wrote to the GB once, I did get a reply. They also sent a copy of my letter and their reply to the cong elders!!!!

Welcome, AnonJW! I think this would be very good information to know if you are planning on sending a letter to Beth-Hell.

• fokyc
    fokyc

A letter sent to a branch office or Bethel will be dealt with by the service desk;

even if you addressed it to the GB, FDS or even Jehovah.

Normally they do ask for your permission to send a copy to the local elders.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

While you are at it, you might fire off a letter to Santa.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Only way you would get a response is maybe if you wrote a check to: Faithful and Discreet Slave and when you get it back, see how it is endorced.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

GAyle: "Only way you would get a response is maybe if you wrote a check to: Faithful and Discreet Slave and when you get it back, see how it is endorced.

Gayle, that's a really good idea. Isn't it time to call this mystery entity out from the shadows? If someone other than the bonafide FDS signs the check it would be fraud.

That would be when the fun really starts. Next would be going through legal channels to have them prove the qualifications of being the FDS and how god appointed them. Where is the puddin'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit