Menlo Park (CA - USA) Kingdom Hall

by Juan Viejo2 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Balaamsass - Got your PM...

Yes, there is some news that will be announced later this week or early next. The case continues.

The most recent article on this subject is at Ex-JW.com: http://ex-jw.com/menlo-park-the-truth-vs-the-truth

One reason there have not been any updates is due to the fact that some recent documents that were filed with the court apparently were misplaced. Apparently there were quite a few pieces of paper involved. My understanding is that they should be available as public court documents within the next day or so. When they are, I will notify everyone here on the board and publish PDFs of any documents released by the court.

One of my contacts in the area let me know that some of the bank documents that the plaintiffs had subpoenaed have been released to the court and those involved in the case. Many aspects of the case (forgery, identity theft, misappropriation of funds, misrepresentation, etc.) can be settled by the review of these documents by the court and local law enforcement agencies.

How is it going there? I can assure everyone that the elders involved in both the federal and the local superior court cases remain upbeat and positive about the potential outcome of their cases.

Sorry, but my other anonymous contacts have gone quiet on me. I'm not sure what the mood of the members of the congregation is like right now, but the last time I spoke to someone still going to that Kingdom Hall, I was told that many of the brothers and sisters seem to have been stumbled by the events going on around them. There is no clear division within the congregation, other than the fact that the members of the former Redwood City congregation are still considered as outsiders and the two groups are having a problem melding.

One interesting aspect of the current situation is that the original members of the Menlo Park KH are still assigned territories in the rougher minority areas, while most of the Redwood City newcomers still work only in the predominately white areas of Menlo Park and Redwood City. I can't verify that as a fact, but based on some tips I've received from others in the KH there still seems to be some disunity between the groups based on ethnicity and income.

The Menlo Park Kingdom Hall seems to have some characteristics in common with Nebuchadnezzar's statue, having legs of iron and clay that may never mix together completely.

I'll let the forum know when a new article is up with new court docs attached.

JV

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thanks for the update on the Menlo Park Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses Fiasco !

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To Juan V2, A huge thank you for starting this thread. A couple of months ago a friend called and asked if we had heard about the MP KH money grab. I wanted to see if he had his facts

straight so I googled it. It took me to this site. I had never let myself look at any "apostate" material before but I read the whole thread.We knew most of the people involved so

it had the ring of truth.You never know what post will be the wake-up call. This was ours.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

3rdgen and Balaasass,

I'm glad you are both still interested in this not-so-unusual case. What makes this one different is that two of the former elders were willing to stand up and fight. There are actually two court cases going on in the area. One is the case against the new elders (from Redwood City) and the CO, DO, RBC, and Service Department filed by two of the elders. The other case is in San Mateo County Superior Court filed by the former COBOE against a portion of the federal defendants. He's charging them with both civil and criminal fraud involving identity theft (his), the unauthorized takeover of the Kingdom Hall non-profit corporation, and the theft, misuse and laundering of Kingdom Hall bank accounts and funds using bank accounts with his name on them (some that he had never opened himself).

I am going to work on the new article this week. I am in the process of researching new court documents - which will take several hours of reading and highlighting.

-------------------------------------------

Off topic:

I just want everyone to know that I will be using Watchtower authorized and approved "yellow Hi-Liter(R) marking pens," not those unchristian pink or generic highliters you sometimes find at the drug store. Nope. I will only use highlighters blessed by Jah's holy spirit through his Governing Body.

You may think I'm kidding - but I actually recently got an email from a JW sister in the midwest USA that mentioned, among other things, that her uber-conservative elders seem to think that they could detect potential apostacy in the color of marking pens that some in the Kingdom Hall were using. They recommended yellow marking pens over pink, especially by the brothers - simply because of the possibility that using pink might send a signal to others that they were open to "homosexual trysts."

Then she followed that with: "That's not even the worst thing they came up with. During the winter, some of the sisters wear stylish leather boots, some with heels, that come up to the knees. Since we are not supposed to wear pants or slacks (another over the top issue for the elders), I think boots are both attractive and appropriate for cold weather - and we really catch the cold here in [state] with some temperatures dropping below zero F. What they did (the elders) was approach the husbands of some of the sisters and made the suggestion that sisters stick with high-heels or flats - not boots ("they make sisters look like whores") or tennis shoes ("they make sisters look like lesbians"). That's what they spend their time doing around here - criticizing the shoes we wear during the winter and the color of our marking pens!"

------------------------------------------------

Comments are, of course, welcome. I'll let everyone know when the new Menlo Park article goes up on Ex-JW.com.

JV

• BroMac
    BroMac

COBE at our KH uses the whole spectrum of highlighters. i swear you cannot see any of the white. green pink yellow blue. even does the subheadings

keep up the good work on Menlo Park. its appreciated.

BroMac

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

On pins and needles!!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Those pins hurt!

• Balaamsass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit