BREAKING NEWS on www.jw-media.org

by Wrong Way 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

BREAKING NEWS!

Wow!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin
    BREAKING NEWS: Russia challenges landmark ECHR judgment and seeks to continue illegal ban on Jehovah’s Witnesses

On September 9, 2010, the Russian government officially challenged the judgment by the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) that unanimously struck down the ban on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Moscow. If Russia is successful with its request for referral to the Court's Grand Chamber, Russia’s compliance with the judgment will be delayed, adding fuel to an already heated environment of religious intolerance.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Russians, on the whole, have some good common sense and ethics. Smart move. Hope it will catch world-wide and people will eventually pull the curtain back and see the masonic organization behind all these religions that are based on lies and dividing people. Oh, yeah, and making commerce out of people by fleecing the flocks.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'm all for banning the WT. But I hate that the abuse goes on in Russia. It's not just a hatred of the teachings, but it tends to spill over into a hatred of the individuals. That's what scares me about Russia. We all should be guaranteed basic human rights. However, I don't know where to stand on the issue. If they don't ban it then the WT is free to mislead thousands of people. If they do ban it, then the WT will encourage everyone to go underground and continue in the organization, which in turn will lead them to physical abuse from others.

It's a sad situation. But it's just another example of how the WT ruins lives.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Sadly this is a double edged sword. If Russia succeeds, then they will go after other religions, such as the Baptists. But if Russian fails, then the WTS will continue to spread their lies. Personally I feel that stopping the WTS would be the best.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Religious persecution, outside of stopping an obviously harmful cult, is wrong.

Where do you stop?

Best to make it clear what a group TRULY stands for and allow people to make their own decision.

• donuthole
    donuthole

The WT could easily bring their religion into compliance with Russian law by ceasing to produce and distribute their religious literature that is viewed as "extremist" and hostile to the free practice of religion for their countrymen.

As in the case of Bulgaria there is potential that political muscle could lead to a change in practice. It is wishful thinking but I would like to see this pave the way for the WT to allow DA'ing without impunity.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Best to make it clear what a group TRULY stands for and allow people to make their own decision.

Very true, but the danger is that the WTS will use such clarifications as proof that they are being persecuted and that people should ignor the real truths about the WTS. The WTS is an unique organization that dispenses information in a rapid and continuous manner.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

But the WT is so proud that they won't alter their writing for anyone. They are a pretty crazy bunch of men. They belong to the UN and yet write about how disgusting it is? I'm surprised action wasn't taken against them in that situation! But they've got so much pride. They are in a spiritual war! They would rather have their members abused and killed rather than compromise. Look at Malawi!!!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Straightshooter: "If Russia succeeds, then they will go after other religions, such as the Baptists."

GOOD! They all need to go. Baptists are just as bad because they are spreading a pack of lies and dogma. I am not talking about the congregants. I am talking about the leaders who KNOW they are lying and using people for commerce. Not to mention fucking with their heads, their lives, and their family relationships.

Oh, did I mention Methodists and Catholics? Don't get me started. I am equal opportunity when it comes to religions. I am ruff on rats. All of 'em.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit