The *BEST* thing about the WTBTS

by peacedog 8 Replies latest jw friends

• peacedog
    peacedog

Is that it's full of nut bars like madjw, eggnog, aiw, and reniaa/debator, which makes our roles as apostates sooooo much more fun. Comic relief ftw!

• ssn587
    ssn587

Leaving in a word, the best thing also about the meetings was leaving.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Peacedog, they do provide good entertainment value. It is comical to watch Debator (Reniaa) use the same reasoning she used when she used to post as Reniaa but try to change the wording (and slip up in a few spots that gives away that she is Reniaa), AIW's incoherence, MadJW trying to start a cult...etc. It does provide a laugh.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I personally think that the uneducated and mentally unstable are naturally drawn to being JWs. I've been borrowing my in-laws car since mine is in the shop and yesterday I had 20 mins before a business meeting. They had the "Be my follower" book in the car. So I just started flipping through it.

Has anyone noticed that the writing style is like they are writing to an 8 year old? Some of these newer books are SO dumbed down. It's hard to even TRY to take them seriously. I can't tell if it is just their own writing style or if they are really trying to talk down to people. Or maybe the are just trying to appeal to the uneducated. It's a little bizarre.

If anyone wants to see an example, just read page 25 on the Come be my follower book. It starts with, "Jerusalem is buzzing with excitement. A great man is coming!" Yay! Or even start on page 1. Maybe I'm just being too critical...but it all seems very basic and shallow to me.

• peacedog
    peacedog

brotherdan, so true man. Very, very dumbed down. The WT$ knows who their target audience is...

• peacedog
    peacedog

ssn587: I certainly can't disagree. I used to LOVE that part of the meetings...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The nut jobs are rejected by the very group they support..

So they come here hoping Jehovah will give them a Pass..For not following the WBT$ like every other good JW..

They don`t fit in the WBT$..They don`t fit here..They don`t fit in the outside world..

They are rejected no matter where they go..

Sometimes they reject each other..

Where do you go when your rejected by rejects?..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

If you really want to see how "dumbed down" it has gotten, find and original KM from say the early 70's. Line it up next to one from this year. There is literally four times the information on the old ones compared to the current KMs.

They just want mindless drones these days...

• wasblind
    wasblind

They didn't like that I was always questioning things, independant thinking means your brain is working. Can't have that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit