To serving elders and anyone else who went to the SM this week ...

by wannabefree 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

JW serving elders ... did any of you have to handle the part at the SM this week on why Jehovah's Witnesses are not a false prophet?

This part made me livid. Our most corporate elder handled this part and I felt my self wanting to refute everything he said. Seriously, this part just made my blood boil.

Mind numbing revisionist history, scriptural misapplication, false historical data, and spaced out audience nodding to every detail.

Worldwide damage control.

• elderelite
    elderelite

yes It pissed me off. we had a MS handle it, thankfully he did so poorly. I stood in the back and talked with several brothers and pointed out that we did indeed refer to ourselves as "prophets"

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

idk elderlite, you seem to be bording on brazen conduct with a comment like that to the brothers in back

• elderelite
    elderelite

A) its the truth

b) as an elder I get lattitude. You have to work pretty hard to tag me as an apostate (for now)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It tickles me brownish pink that we have elders on board doing covert ops.

• simon17
    simon17

I left after the school to watch Vikings - Saints. No Favre KO but at least he lost, so I went home fairly happy ;)

• sabastious
    sabastious

^ No Favre love? Common now, the guy is an inspiration to us all!

-Sab

• agonus
    agonus

Brownish pink? - Mrs. Jones, you just about made me lose bladder control on that one! LOL

Yeah, how can JWs be false prophets when they "never claimed to be prophets", right?

• inbetween
    inbetween

we had an MS handling it, even touched on subjects like 1975...of course was not a false prophecy, just wrong expactations...

For me it was never really a problem, that 1975 was wrong, mistakes can happen, however, what bothered me always, is that they tried to blame the "normal" brothers, and long time denied responsibility of the org !

striking though is the false analogy: appstles asking when the time will come compared to claiming of JW that the end will come 1914, 1925, 1975...and demanding their followers to stop getting education, good job etc....

• agonus
    agonus

"We never claimed that Armageddon would come in 1975, or even one, ten, or thirty years from now! By the way: Kids? Stay the hell out of school."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit