First time at the meeting after my DF

by notverylikely 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Granted it's only been two weeks, but my oldest son had a talk tonight and I wanted to be there to support him. Couple of funny things...

- Shunned as expected. Forgot to shave off my van dyke first though, and forgot to not dress in all black like Johnny Cash, black Oxford, black pants, showes, socks, belt, blazer. I must have looked evil.

- I asked an attendant to let my son know I was there as I didn't go in until after the CBS was over. The elder that was the head my JC saw me and saw my son walking toward me and practically ran to get there first and shook my hand and asked if everything was OK. I said "I don't know, I just got here. Is everything OK?" Right then my son got to me and I said "Excuse me, I need to talk to my son" and I turned to my son with him standing there and said "Hey bud, just wanted to make sure you knew I was here like I said I would be. I know you're going to do a great job and I wanted you to know I was here to support you. I love you." Then I turned back to the elder and said "Sorry, I just needed to talk to my son for a minute. What's up, what can I do for you?" He just said "I wanted to say good to see you" and then left. I wonder what he thought I was there to do, kidnap my kids, take them from the hall....as Bug Bunny would say, "What a maroon"

- Based on this weeks bible reading, from 2 Kings 12:4 and 5, our retired CO special pioneer said "This shows that Jehovahs arrangement never changes, back in those days they had account servants and contribution boxes just like we have today." What a maroon.

- I was shunned. Shocking, I know.

• ex-witness
    ex-witness

By going you showed solidarity in your family. Something JWs know very little of.

Good for you.

Keep the Van Dyke, and black is the new black. :) (When I was df'd I wore the loudest suits I had (red n black pinstripe) and bleached my hair.(Very into the Ska/Punk/Swing movement at the time) It's not like they can re-disfellowship you more or something.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I have some job interviews coming up. I might get rid of the van dyke for those.

• tec
    tec

Your son will remember that you showed support for your family above all things. A good lesson for him, even more so because you are sincere. I think you're handling yourself great.

Tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

I. AM. SCARED. OF. YOU.

Syl

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Your son will remember that you showed support for your family above all things. A good lesson for him, even more so because you are sincere. I think you're handling yourself great.

Thanks tec. They both know there are two things tied for the most important thing in my life. The two of them.

I. AM. SCARED. OF. YOU.

Ha! At least I didn't get up on stage and do this. It would have made then sure the Devil was in me:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit