Why The "Truth" Isnt For Me

by Pig 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Pig
    Pig

Here are some reasons to tell the JW's at the doors why it's just not for you

Stephen King once said "the biggest sin in writing is to bore the reader". If that's true then the biggest sinners are the Watchtower Corp. Reading is so boring anyway (most the time) And if you wanna be a JW you have to READ READ READ. And once you read all their crap you have to read it again. You read a tiny paragraph, then you have to read it again in the form of an answer, then you read the next paragraphy which was almost identical to the previouse. Look, I just cant see myself reading eldless pages of crap for the rest of my life.

Clapping isn't fun. If you're a JW the most fun you can have in an assembly is to clap. YAY!! CLAPPING. It wakes everyone up and makes you feel less numb for a few seconds. But really, thats just not enough insentive to sit through hours of crap. And some speakers name every congregation who sends out their love and you have to clap in between for each one. I dont give a crap if the bloody local yugoslave congregation of 20 people send their love. Send it back and tell them to learn english. And i'm not wasting my lunch clapping for each baptiism candidate.I dont know why, but i just never was THAT into clapping. Give me a rock concert and i might, but not some old boring fart on stage.

I'm not shaving twice a day. Yes i'll shave for work in the morning but not again to go to the meeting. If God is stupid enough to design us as he did then he can just sit their and watch my 5 oclock showdow all meeting long and just suck it up. Seriouslyly, I'm a guy, there's only so much time i'll spend in a bathroom prettying myself up.

there are lots more reasons but on these reasons alone, i can safly say "No Thanks" to JW's

• yknot
    yknot

mmmmm 5 o'clock shadows......

(you forgot to mention you like oral sex and masturbation (as they are the other usual manly issues))

• Hadit
    Hadit
    If God is stupid enough to design us as he did then he can just sit their and watch my 5 oclock showdow all meeting long and just suck it up. Seriouslyly, I'm a guy, there's only so much time i'll spend in a bathroom prettying myself up.

LOL! I second Yknot's mmmmm for 5 o'clock shadows!

• robson
    robson

Good explanation, that's exactly why the truth ins't for many of us why should we have to go over things many times when Jesus said have love among yourselves and prove you are sons of the most high. Love is the quality not repetition memorization or anything that is robotic in a sense so to speak. But a good conscience nothing makes up for it, also keeping ourselves morally clean proves we are not animals. The message is there take what is best for you. Just my thoughts. Robson

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

do any women (or men) actually like the clean shaven look? I don't know anyone that does. Is it an american thing?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Soooooo.....

Since being a JW isn't for you, are you planning on a 'fade', a "ripping-off-the-bandaid" DisAssociation, or are you just going to get up in the Kingdom Hall one day and say, "I can't do this anymore" (or, "F*ck this Sh*t!") and walk out??

Just wondering...

Zid

• Heaven
    Heaven

Stephen King once said "the biggest sin in writing is to bore the reader".

The WTS sure does this. It's been the same formula my whole life -- all 47 years of it. All's good until about one to two thirds of the way through, then it all goes bad-bad-BAD! unless you join the Witlesses. YAWN fest! Anyone who has to fear monger to get you to join up has a lotta issues I don't want to have to deal with thanks.

Clapping isn't fun.

And having The Clap ain't either!

For me, I couldn't stomach going door-to-door pushing stuff I didn't agree with. I certainly didn't want to convince a woman to join this group who expect her to subjugate herself. Blech! I have more self-respect than that.

• moshe
    moshe

It was depressing to find one person in a family that was interested in the WT dogma, as you knew what trouble was in store for their family, if they jumped into the WT religion. Thankfully I never found anyone who did more that put their toe into the JW waters. I too found the WT talks the boring at conventions- the first couple of years seemed interesting, but little did I realize, back then, that after that they just kept rehashing the old light to fill up program time.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I dont give a crap if the bloody local yugoslave congregation of 20 people send their love. Send it back and tell them to learn english.

And perhaps you can learn to spell it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit