Nutcase

by Mythbuster 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Nut case

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nut case is pejorativeslang for a person displaying insane, lunatic or eccentrichuman behaviour.

Dangerous

Nut case can refer to someone who is deranged and dangerous. Some colloquial substitutes for this meaning are: crazy, looney, weirdo and headcase.[1]

For example: Charles Manson is a nutcase because he killed several people.

Whimsical

Nut case can be used more whimsically to refer to a person without a mental illness, for instance in the case of a foolish person. Words that can be used to describe a whimsical nut case are: crackpot, crank, nut, fruitcake, screwball, flake, geek, lunatic, madman, maniac or oddball.[2]

For example: Jason is a nutcase because he always wears his shirt backwards at school.

References

1. Strobel, L. et al. (2002). The Case For Christ. ISBN 0310246083 Quotation: "There are a lot of nut cases running around who don't end up in mental institutions."
    2. Roos, P. (2006). How to Take Charge. ISBN 1933255099 Quotation: "Sometimes I think that my husband is a nut case."

• Mythbuster
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Words that can be used to describe a whimsical nut case are: crackpot, crank, nut, fruitcake, screwball, flake, geek, lunatic, madman, maniac or oddball.[2]

I'd like to add "nutjob" to the list.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

There ya go.

• Mythbuster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit