Best Texas BBQ

by Voices 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Voices
    Voices

Okay, I might be moving to FL (MIGHT BE) ...so i'm going to be driving through texas...and i MISS the BBQ. All 'ya'll' (lived there for 2 years) texans out there......i need a place that's so deliciously GOOD that i'll regret not order 4 plates to take with me. (i'm rather thin but i LOVE BBQ). i'm going to be taking the 10 freeway... so...i'm wondering major city spots...like san antonio and elpaso type........ OH and MEXICAN food too.. XD

it's like 12 hours to drive across texas...so i'm like gotta make the best of it

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh I'm so jealous

• Voices
    Voices

Oh! i'm also looking to meet up with ex jws...Anyone Across the 10 freway to FL from CAli. IN TEXAS though...if they want...they can meet me AT THE BBQ joint! ....no funny business...or i'll stick my new kitten on you and krav maga you! *gets into fighting stance*

*pay for your own meal meet up!!* XD

even if you don't want to meet up...recommendations por favor?>

Me

• chickpea
    chickpea

i was just this weekend educating my
    british friend about the differences
    between "grilling" and bbq-ing, and
    how some people (like me), when
    invited to a "bbq" need to know if
    there will actually be bbq and not
    just burgers and brats on a grill....

wish i could be of service to ya, mate...
    but i moved from tejas some 2 dozen
    years ago, but still carry the hankering
    for genuine pulled pork bbq sandwiches
    with a slice of sweet onion, sesame bun
    and a dill pickle spear on the side <sigh>

oh and chicken fried steak with cream gravy too!!

• Voices
    Voices

Oh...i dont eat pork =( ......i DO love it! but i made a personal decision not to eat it a while ago. I'm looking for some RIBS ...like beef ribs...and uh...steak...steak so good that when cooked medium...it's got the perfect bbq sauce on it that it doesn't even NEED A1 steak sauce.. and uh...lets see... good mash potatoes and gravy with green beans with mixed mushrooms on the side. ooooooo yeahhhhhh... and a BIG glass of rootbeer! ...

I agree chickpea if i wanted Hamburgers..i'd go to outback steak house and get the swiss mushroom done medium (i tend to like my beef medium) ...

Steak ...though...a lil smokey...but not too much. and THICK! ...not tough...or rubbery... ...hmmm....

OH THE SIN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit