Judicial Committee Excuses

by asilentone 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

Back in 2001 or 2002, A JW sister who I consider it as a friend confided in me that his son got df'd, she told me about all of the details. He tried not to get df'd. He started explaining to the elders why he committed fornication with another JW sister(also got df'd) is that he personally watched his uncle shot himself in the head. It affected him very much, it affected his spirituality, but they still df'd him and he got reinstated after one year of meeting attendance. Elders/Ex-Elders, What were the excuses did the wrongdoers give you while you were on the Judicial Committee?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I was never an elder but...

as far as i understand it, generaly one cant avoid disfellowshipping because of a good excuse...

the reasons do not matter to the elders

The only way (99% of the time i guess) to avoid it is for them to think you are to repentant.

oz

• Farkel
    Farkel

:The only way (99% of the time i guess) to avoid it is for them to think you are to repentant.

"Only Jehovah can read our hearts."

"Yeah, but only we elders can determine when you are repentant."

"But repentence COMES from the heart."

"Shut up!"

Farkel

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Yup, never been an elder but I agree with OZ and Farkel-

Its how repentent you look (cry,cry, & cry some more)- and it helps who you are (is your dad the CoBe?)

CHG

• happyexjw
    happyexjw

When I got disfellowshipped I never exactly had a JC, and thinking about it now im not quite sure if actually my DFing should have stood.

I was abused by an elder when I was young and like the majority who have been in that situation...nothing happened! The elders were told but it got swept under the carpet, luckily he wasnt and elder in our congregation, so I didnt have to put up with seeing him every week.

Anyway I got baptised at 15 and by the time i was 17, I had enough of feeling trapped. I started smoking and seeing someone who was not a JW. I think the elders heard rumors that I was smoking and they all came round to see me. I was petrified and hid in the bathroom and refused to talk to them, after 20 mins of them trying to coax me to open the door only one elder came in and talked to me. I said that I was confused, he gave me the emotional black mail and said he heard that I was smoking and knew that I had a non JW boyfriend that i had to choose, between my parents & the truth or my boyfriend and being part of the world. I was effectively backed in a corner and said that I was still confused. I was told the fact that I didnt out right choose the religion showed that my heart wasnt right and I loved my boyfriend at the time, who later became my husband (now ex) and two beautiful children. In a moment of rebellion and feeling angry that I was being backed into a corner I said that I wanted to be with my boyfriend. Then he said ok and left. The following meeting it was announced that I was disfellowshipped. This elder also knew what had happened to me when I was younger, yet he still came up to the bathroom and backed me in a corner.

I question weather my dfing should have stood because there was only one elder with me the other two were down stairs. I know they probably would have caught up with me soon or later but the approach they took were cruel. It really felt like I had committed a criminal act and the police turned up to arrest me, I wouldnt ever want to go through that hell again!!

I totally agree with the comments on here, but i think they make up their minds before they turn up to your house, weather you cry and cry it made no difference to my consequence. Perhaps they saw me as a liability within the org, knowing what happened to me when i was young, scared i would tell everyone my big secret that would make them look bad

Take care xx

• happyexjw
    happyexjw

Just to add

At the time I was living at home with my JW parents, and invited the elders into their house to back me in a corner. They were downstairs with the other two elders, not once did they intervene when they heard me crying my eyes out. Crazy!!!!!

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

happyexjw - Good for you to have the strength to go through that, survive and still be happy!

What you went though is spiritual abuse.

I say that, not to call you a victim, since you sound confident and recovered, but just to highlight the methodology of a cult that 'shoots their wounded'.

On topic, for dodging shepherding, investgative action and judicials, claiming depression is probably the best - just never be caught in denying that the society is god's organisation.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

happyex-

I was saddened by your experience, I am so sorry you had that ordeal-

CHG

• Voices
    Voices

Happyex:

I'm sorry you went through that sweetie...i'm sure others that have been in similar situation can understand your pain. You're not alone.

But i'm sure you know that now =)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit