Branch Closings Puts It On the Line

by metatron 24 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

There have been a number of posts made about the Watchtower Society closing or downsizing Branch Offices and I think the hard consequences of this desperate move have not been fully appreciated.

OK, so you have C.O.'s and D.O.'s all over the place and who do they report to exactly? I believe various brothers (and lawyers) have pointed out the danger of having a Catholic style chain of command and centralized leadership. This is a liability 'accident - waiting -to - happen'. In one desperate, money saving move, they will have made everything more centralized! More pressure to dump C.O.'s, perhaps?

Oh, and potential language issues..... Brother Jimenez needs an answer right away for his Circuit, Brother Heindrich. He doesn't understand....

Oh, and the potential for scandal..... Brother MouthClosed suddenly blabs to everyone about bribes and illegal currency exchanges they have been making. It seems he's upset about getting dumped after decades of service.....

The Organization is stretched paper thin across the globe with minimal secular expertise after years of pushing out most anyone with critical reasoning ability. Cutting this any thinner is a recipe for disaster.

We may be seeing partial motivation for the recent obsession with the 'faithful slave' and Governing Body in the magazines and talks. They have to pull their Theocratic Wehrmacht back across Europa (and elsewhere) - without triggering rebellion or realization emerging that their organizational idol is an increasingly false god.

This is going to be really interesting....

metatron

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

blocks are fallling off their pyramid

• sabastious
    sabastious

I have always felt that the Society is an Organization built for a 10 year push stretched out over 120 years. I believe the founding fathers of the Society didn't care about the 'future' when they were creating their doctrine and policy because that wasn't the point. The POINT was that they were all going to be in Paradise very soon, but the "very soon" has been stretched out beyond what any of the old timers in the Org have ever imagined.

-Sab

• steve2
    steve2

What do you do when everyone around you "ends" but "this wicked system of things" doesn't? There ain't no Plan B.

• designs
    designs

Building a Real Estate empire was one of the things the original Bible Students avoided. They thought, and still do, that they should be ready for heaven and live simply.

• moshe
    moshe
    What do you do when everyone around you "ends" but "this wicked system of things" doesn't? There ain't no Plan B.

There is no plan B, because, JWs don't want anything else. They want to continue to believe that they can cheat death, go through Armageddon and live

forever on a Paradise Earth in a beautiful house (previous owners didn't make it) that they didn't have to work for.

Do you think that the JWs will stick around once they are told, "the party is over?" Hardly. They got the 1914 generation extension, because JWs demanded it. Jehoobah refused to bring on the big battle, so adjustments had to be made on the timeline, just so they can continue with their 1914 hangover. JWs refuse to sober up to reality and fact the facts.

• steve2
    steve2
    Do you think that the JWs will stick around once they are told, "the party is over?"

Have you ever heard of learned helplessness? JWs have it big time. People only move on if they think there's somewhere else - and better - to go to. Why do many unhappy spouses stay in loveless marriages? Why do so many unhappy and complaining workers keep turning up for work? The quesation is not why so many have left, but why so many have stayed despite the writing on the wall. learned helplessness

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Maybe they will just keep disfellowshipping everyone until there are only 2 elders left, and week after week they will sit there at the meetings and look at each other and think to themselves, "he who endures to the end is the ONE that will be saved....."

~PS

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I think they are circling the wagons, condensing and taking a hardline on control. No more outbreaks of dissent. No more money spent on workers who are a liability. The GB is becoming the iron fist of the organization. It will all come from the big table they sit at and whomever is the dominant personality will rule the world. It's the same in the local congregations. I saw that to be true when I read CofC. It's the boys club. Runaway. I think it will implode eventually, crack and schisms will develop. It will be fun to see. It will all be a sign of how close the end is either way to the simpletons.

• wobble
    wobble

It rather reminds me of what happened to a couple of other World domination plans in the past.

Both Napoleon and Hitler stretched themselves too far, and then when they tried to pull back, they were too weak to fight the remaining battles, having lost the cream of their armed forces.

What we see with the WT is desperate cost-cutting far too late, and the selling of assets far too late, the Legal and Money guys they take advice from seem to be not very prescient, perhaps the GB should plug them in to the "Noo Lite" source so they can make some pro-active moves, instead of the far too late re-active stuff they have always done.

Trouble is, the GB knows that they do not have any words from Heaven that come to them, so no Light will shine on what financial moves are best for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit