November 2010 Awake! about "new atheism"

by processor 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• processor
    processor

What's actually the difference between this ...

... and this picture?

Why is this marcher evil ...

... but this one good?

Is this situation ...

really so different from that one?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The average JW is supposed to think that "Truths on the March" are okay, but "Lies on the March" are not.
    Good point.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

One thing is certain, IF God exists, the believer should never fear the atheist.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

What's actually the difference between this ...

... and this picture?

The top is fake and that group is harmless.

The bottom picture is real and these people are very dangerous!

They will brainwash you into believing that getting a life saving blood transfusion will kill you in their God's eyes. Many have died in the name of this dangerous 'Printing Religion' They force their views onto you and they annoy the world with their stupid preaching/propaganda work. If you happen to fall under their spell and join, you might even get sexually molested by one of their so called leaders/elders. Get lost!

Nut cases, they should be banned, why doesn't the world follow Russia's lead and ban dangerous cults?

3Mozzies

• Podobear
    Podobear

It takes greater faith to be a true Atheist.. my simple mind thinks there is too much beauty in this world for their not to be a Creator/Designer. My hat off to them, I say.

Podo

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

At least they got our signs right.

• booby
    booby

Podobear - Reading that Awake and researching athiesm and athiests shows that in most cases there is some belief structure and respect for what they see as order in the universe/world around us. What is usually shown to be the reason for the resisting of religious belief is the Jehovah that will cruelly kill off billions including helpless little children as the witnesses teach and are more than willing to use their "god given talents" to illustrate with colourful artwork, just in case the nightmares you have had about it are not vivid enough. And of course all religion seems to do this.

• startingover
    startingover

Podo

It takes greater faith to be a true Atheist.. my simple mind thinks there is too much beauty in this world for their not to be a Creator/Designer

Wow, what a sentence. The first part couldn't be more wrong, and the second part, well all I can say is it says alot about you and your thinking process.

• booby
    booby

*** g73 1/8 p. 10 My Life as a Gypsy ***
    A Different Kind of Religion
    By 1942 I was married. One day I came home and my wife told me that two women had called and talked to her about the Bible and its promises for a better future. Being inclined to ridicule anything that smacked of religion, I showed no desire to discuss the matter. Later, in northern Scotland, a man called at our camp and played a Gramophone record for my wife while I was away. It really impressed her that the man had the courage to play a record exposing world religion as a snare and a racket. My wife gave the man a meal before he went on his way.

Was this "religion as a snare and a racket" before or after that sign that says "Religion as a peace-maker" in that picture above?

• moshe
    moshe

Why yes, Athieism is dangerous, uh, to the jobs and finances of religions and their employees/writers/clergyman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit