Blood Fractions

by alice.in.wonderland 92 Replies latest watchtower medical

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"The same passage says to abstain from "things strangled" and "things sacrified to idols".

If I take such meat and give it to a rendering plant that extracts byproducts like tallow and protein meal, and if I eat a great deal of this food extracted from
    these forbidden meats, would I indeed be abstaining from them?"

"Things strangled" is referring to an unbled animal. If they sacrificed livestock to an idol before they did whatever with it I guess wouldn't know about it.

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

Alice dear. Please help me understand something about the whole blood thingy. I've tried to have this explained to me by a few elders and several other "pillars" in the cong. But nobody could answer. The GB prohibits donating lifesaving blood. Where do you jw's get your "fractions" from? No need to answer ill do it for you. They get their fractions from blood donors who regularly donate to blood banks. That being said, shouldn't it be a "conscience" matter whether you want to donate blood. Jws say they abstain from blood but they don't. For anyone who was made in gods image (intelligent, thinker, logical) then the whole blood issue is not an issue. We know the context of the scriptures used to defend the WTS blood doctrine. We all know it was talking about animals that were unbled or the actual eating/drinking of animal blood that many "spiritual babes" at the time were practicing. I was on the official wts website reading the whole blood doctrine and it just makes zero sense. They say hemoglobin is a "conscience matter" yet hemoglobin is taken directly from red blood cells and make up 1/3 of that component. So tell me why you won't be shunned for gettin a transfusion of hemoglobin, which is 33% of what makes up red blood cells, but you will get diffed for taking red blood cells. Nowhere in the bible does it say or even remotely hint that its ok to split up the components of blood and then fraction it off and then its ok cuz its not whole blood. Look on the WTS site......they say exactly the same thing!!! Also if you look on any medical website or the red cross site you'll find some interesting info that blows all of the WTS missquotes from doctors who are evidently PRO-TRANSFUSION, google any doctors name you find on the WTS site and you'll see that they DON'T advocate rejecting transfusions. So will I become a martyr or let my child become a martyr for some manmade interpretation of what they think god thinks? I think not. Especially given their track record. When it comes to this issue the GB are worse than the pharisees.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hi Alice,

how are you today, i have another question for you, because your basically a spokes person for the WTS blood policies and there's no one else more qualified to speak on it so i consider you the go to person

At the time the WTS banned blood fractions, why didn't they ban breast feeding along with the ban ? after all, blood fraction are in breast milk

In the Reasoning from the Scripture book on page 71 it states "There the eating of blood is equated with idolatry and fornication, things that we should not want to engage in."

I feel that since they changed the policy and now allow blood fractions by personal choice, a lot of people died needlessly, especially when they wrote in the august 2006 Awake on page 11 & 12 that the Bible doesn't comment on blood fractions so if the Bible didn't comment on this that means it was the opinions of men who cause so many needless deaths

Alice, i was always told that the GB made all of their decisions based on the Bible, this was clearly not. This was one of the practices Ray franz had exposed

• Quando
    Quando

I am just sayin...

I received a blood fraction (I am rh-) 7 years ago when I was pregnant and I suffered from it. It took a lot of sluething to figure it out.

I do believe blood is sacred and when I received the shot I was truly ignorant on all levels. The good news is once you become aware it gives you the power! I am not bitter about getting that shot I have a happy healthy child from receiving it. If my child needed a blood transfusion to live I would not hesitate for a moment I don't care how many elders were flocking around! I would take my DF with pride and enjoy the fake smile vacation.

The whole flip flop thing with the society doesn't phase me now, I actually expect it.

It's just a religion.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Good for you Quando,

i'm just glad that this site provides information so people can make more informative decisions

especially, decisions dealing with your well being.

• TD
    TD

Alice:

MMR II contains the fraction albumin (0.3 mg). Proof of MMR vaccination is required for school entry so it's not optional.Proof of MMR vaccination is required for school entry so it's not optional.

Yes. Thank you.

In many areas, the same thing can be said for IPV, because a number of countries do not allow OPV.

Blood plasma fractionation is an extensive process to separate these agents out. The isolated proteins carry some distance from blood plasma itself, but it's not just a matter of these proteins being "non-blood." The effort that goes into blood fractionation constitutes an adequate effort to abstain from blood (in my mind anyway). It's not the blatant misuse of blood.

Your response here simply assumes that plasma is "blood" (i.e. Plasma fractionation constitutes "an adequate effort to abstain from blood.") but doesn't directly speak to the question of whether plasma may legitimately be labeled as "blood" at all. Can you flesh this out a bit? A JW voluntarily connected by IV to an inverted 500ml unit of 5% albumin solution is simply exercising their Christian conscience in a "grey area" while a JW voluntarily connected by IV to an inverted 500ml unit of plasma has definitely broken God's law. Yet to the naked eye, there is no difference in the procedure and both preparations are the exact same straw colored fluid.

What is the difference here? You've mentioned the effort involved in plasma fractionation, but that has absolutely nothing to do with an effort to abstain from the misuse of blood. Extracting the varioius proteins from plasma in usable form is difficult, but if you don't care if the clotting cascade is triggered or not, this process will occur naturally leaving only serum.

I've only looked into it briefly, but from what I've read, human hemoglobin is also found outside red blood cells and their progenitor lines. Other cells that contain hemoglobin include dopaminergic neurons, macrophages, alveolar cells, and mesangial cells in the kidney. In these tissues, hemoglobin has a non-oxygen-carrying function as an antioxidant and a regulator of iron metabolism.

If hemoglobin is not the issue with erythrocytes, then what is? The membrane that encapsulates the hemoglobin? Surely you must realize that cooking will rupture this membrane and fractionate erythrocytes. Is is okay to eat blood as long as it has been cooked first?

Even cryoprecipitate and clotting factors carry disease risks. What was written 2000 years ago still has a modern application.
    If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” Acts 15:29

The JW organization acknowledges that the closing salutation was not stated in reference to the content of the Decree:

The decree ended: "If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!" (Acts 15:29) The comment "Good health to you" was not a promise to the effect, ‘If you abstain from blood or fornication, you will have better health.’ It was simply a closure to the letter, such as, ‘Farewell.’ (The Watchtower June 15 1991 p. 9)

The words "Good health to you!" amounted to saying "Farewell," and it should not be concluded that these requirements primarily had to do with health measures. When the letter was read in Antioch, the congregation rejoiced over the encouragement it provided. At that time, God’s people in Antioch were also made firm in the faith by the encouraging words of Paul, Silas, Barnabas, and others. May we too seek ways to encourage and upbuild fellow believers. (The Watchtower June 15, 1990 p. 13)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Alice, in order to create blood fraction whole blood has to be processed, and usually as a profit making venture. How is that showing respect for bood?

If it is OK to process blood to obtain fractions - why is an autologous transfusion not permissable?

Give me a credible answer to that question without the usual cut n paste shit that tends to be your MO.

• moomanchu
  • odie67
    odie67

I'm not a doctor and i havent researched the whole matter...but i do set up blood transfusions from time to

time at work. I also come across orders for patients to have transfusions done and in the four years that i've been

doing this i've never come across an order that states :"whole blood transfusion". From what i've experienced at work

when dealing with hematology...The doctors always refer to blood in fractions. I could be wrong and please someone correct me

but i have not come across that term. Only patients use the term "blood transfusion" or doctors will say to the patient just to make it easier for them to understand....but when ordering a transfusion i've never come across the term "whole blood".

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Blood makes tumescence possible. Is that scriptural?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit