Confused about god, question for aguest

by JoJo_M 9 Replies latest jw friends

• JoJo_M
    JoJo_M

Hi everyone,

I have been reading around this board for a while but never posted and i have a question. I noticed that in the midst of all these witness topics that there were a few that talked about this other god and I had a question for the person who seems to be the leader of those believing in this kind of god. To the leader whom I believe is called AGuest I have a question. I was raised in the truth and was never baptised because something didnt feel right. My family was really mad at me and stuff but it just didnt feel right anymore. I was thinking of trying to join other religions but i got confused. In the end I am really mad, not only at the witnesses (because I felt tricked) but also mad at my family, friends, and lots of other people and unfortunately i think im mad at god too. i know thats bad and stuff, but i dont understand why god wants us just to be cool with everyone even if they are so mean to you. i dont like this bad feeling because I just want to like everyone. please AGuest, tell me your thoughts on this thing.

from JoJo

• asilentone
    asilentone

Welcome to the board!

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Welcome, glad you have questions.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

JoJoM - Welcome to the forum, I do hope it helps you to sort out your feelings and opinions. AGuest is a lovely person with a lot of knowledge and I'm sure she'll respond to you. In the meantime start talking to the god you know about how mad you are ....try not to rush into replacing the Org with another religion until you're certain about it....?

Loz x

• tec
    tec

JoJo - Welcome to the board. Be patient, as I am also certain that Aguest will respond to you. I don't want to hijack a question intended for her, but I just wanted to point out that I think you've partially answered your own question.

You 'don't like this bad feeling', because you 'just want to like everyone'.

It feels good to like everyone. It feels peaceful to be able to let go of anger or resentment. Since it does feel good and peaceful, and it is also something you WANT, that might be one of the reasons God wants us to love and forgive one another, regardless.

But perhaps like is the wrong word. Sometimes we don't always like certain people, but we do still love and accept them as brothers and sisters, wishing them well in life.

I also don't think you should beat yourself up over feeling angry, or worrying too much that its bad. Sometimes the best way to work through those emotions is to acknowledge them - and trust that you won't always have to feel that way. I agree with Loz - talk to God about those feelings, get them out, and ask Him for help.

Tammy

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hi JoJo. Welcome

• tec
    tec

Bump for shelby, even though she's probably at work for a few more hours.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, and welcome, JoJo.

Bumping also for AGuest/Shelby.

Syl

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings dear JoJo... and peace to you! At the outset, please let me say that I am NO ONE's "leader." Not at all and please, PLEASE put that kind of thinking away from yourself. It is not accurate or necessary. We don't NEED leaders... other than Christ. You only need to look at earthling man and see where all of that "leadership" has gotten us. I am merely a servant, dear one... yours, Israel's, and Christ's.

With that said, I think the BEST person to answer your question is my Lord, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, who is the Holy Spirit and Son and Christ of the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies. That One is recorded to have said:

"You must accordingly be perfect... AS your Heavenly Father is perfect."

Yet, we exist in imperfect flesh, so how can that be, how can WE be perfect? My Lord is not directing that we be perfect in FLESH, dear one, as the flesh has sin and death IN it, which WE cannot remove, no matter what WE do (only HE can remove such!). BUT... we can be perfect in SPIRIT... by cleansing what is IN us... the INSIDE of the "cup" that is our flesh, the "vessel" that holds our spirit. And we can be perfect in SPIRIT... by being perfect... in LOVE. And we can be perfect in LOVE... by imitating God... by imitating CHRIST... and, therefore, loving EVEN our enemies. Christ, the IMAGE of the True God, showed us HOW to do this... by forgiving others, not only those who had sinned against God, but even those who put him to death.

Hanging on to anger, not forgiving, is also a "thing" that stands in our way in our "approach" before the Most Holy One of Israel. One cannot ENTER before God, dear one, if one is not CLEAN. One cannot come to the Father... THROUGH Christ... unless one has been cleansed. Otherwise, one is trying to take a "defilement" into the "holy" place. It cannot occur.

WE can cleanse our SPIRITS... by letting go of anger, hatred, jealousies, etc. Christ, can further cleanse us... with his blood. So that when we enter we are FULLY clean and able to come before the person of God.

In addition, if you do NOT forgive... you will not BE forgiven. That is how the Law of God... both the Old Law AND the New Law work! With the same judgment that you are judging... you will BE judged. So, maybe you didn't lead anyone into the WTBTS. Okay. Or maybe you did but think it doesn't count because you weren't "baptized." That's not true, not at all. Even if you didn't, though... you have sinned against someone... somewhere... at some time.

SO... the BENEFIT of forgiving has to do with YOU... not the one(s) forgiven, dear one. It goes toward setting YOU free... as you set OTHERS free.

Finally, if you claim to BELONG to Christ... yet, have "something against" your brother, or know that your brother has something against you... yet you try to go and give your "gift" at the altar (i.e., approach in prayer, ask forgiveness, etc.), then you are no different than Cain, whose offering was UNACCEPTABLE... because it was unclean... and unwhole.

As some say, let GO... dear JoJo... and let God.

I hope this helps, truly. And to those who responded as well... thank you! For your "offering" as well as your kind words about me. It does not matter which of us offer help... but only that we give the glory to GOD... and Christ. We are all servants of one another... and least ones. May JAH bless you all!

SERVANT to ALL those of the Household of God and those who go with, but NO ONE's leader... and a slave of Christ,

SA

• kes152
    kes152

Hi JoJo,

Your post, although meant for AGuest (peace to you, dear sister), really caught my eye and I hope you don't mind my posting on your thread. I want you to know that many of us can understand your pain because at one time or another, we have felt the same type of pain that I know you are feeling now. And many times we do get mad at God because we don't understand why he asks what he asks from us. I want you to know that even though things are hard, keep praying and we will pray for you. There are other people out there who also hurt like we do and sometimes the best thing we can do is let them know we're here for them. I hope you can find some comfort because I know its a hard thing when family and friends are not available for you to turn to.

Hope that helps,
    Aaron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit