Joining other Organizations

by LV101 7 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Have recently tried a community organization and it seems to be the same drama as watchtower --- a hierarchy and power plays, omigoodness! Nancy Drew mentioned staying away from these (smart idea) but thinking they're community driven (this one i've joined is barely hanging on because of aging membership and involves a lot of work, meetings) but people join to meet friends, to be social, bla bla. they do donate to a charity or two (very little w/limited funds) but not much, and feel it's not worth all the work/effort involved if they can't help the community which is suffering.

any experiences out there --- it's very stressful to me and a pecking order like the borg.

thanks.

NV1

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Humans will be humans. You have the freedom to shop around to and find the right fit for you if you wish.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

There are plenty of groups that do good things we can volunteer for without joining or becoming members. Avoid the politics and help people at the same time. Win - win.

• LV101
    LV101

Do you have any groups to recommend. maybe the food shelters, homeless shelters, orphanages are not such hostile environments. do most churches have these programs to help the less fortunate.

NV1

• designs
    designs

Local Food Banks are generally very good and they have connections to international Food Banks. With any Charity or Philanthropic group you have to do some boots on the ground work and attend their functions. I am active in several Environmental, Humanitarian and Political groups, its a process, take your time and feel comfortable with your choices.

• LV101
    LV101

thanks for your help. Need to try to find the right group that is really contributing to society.

NV1

• andy5421
    andy5421

Put any 3 humans together in a group and one will try to be the Dominant Alpha Male/Female

• andy5421
    andy5421

"Humans will be humans. You have the freedom to shop around to and find the right fit for you if you wish."

"Shop around and find forgiveness for yourself."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit