Care for the Anointed

by freeborg 3 Replies latest jw friends

• freeborg
    freeborg

I have just read the thread that was started with the comment regarding the anointed. It brought a smile to my face because not so long ago my wife was still working in a nursing home for Jehovah’s Witnesses run by Witnesses. She had been there for over five years and in that time-helped care for five of the anointed class. She left the nursing home months ago and one of the reasons was the level of care that the residents including the anointed were receiving, she is now working in a state run home and has seen better care given at these so called worldly homes. JW's will knock anybody for taking there Christian responsibility lightly yet within these homes the anointed class (lets not forget will be judging over us as princes with Christ) were verbally abused, and given minimal care due to lack of staff. This is how the heirs with Christ were treated in the last years of their lives.

• Celia
    Celia

A nursing home for JWs ?
    These really exist ???
    Does the Society pay for it ?

• freeborg
    freeborg

Yes they do exist in the UK, and were set up as non-profit company with no attachment to the society. Since then they have become more linked with the society in the UK and now hold a charity status in this country. You would be very surprised with the amount of money that is left to the society by the old brothers and sisters living in these homes.

• Preston
    Preston

I did some volunteer work in a nursing home while I was still a JW and it was a very sobering experience, I'll never forget it....very honest and candid...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit