Old Hat

by Phaedra 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

15 years ago I joined this forum under a generic alias.

If it weren't for the fact that I have close family weaved into this tapestry of a religion I think I could have moved on long ago.

When you're connected, you're connected.

To those in the same boat, you're not alone.

We get it, and you.

Hugs,

phae

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Right behind you on that!
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yup, I joined here a few years ago, I left the cult for good in 2008, and yet I still visit.

I come here to keep up to date, because I can tell that it annoys my JW family that they can tell me nothing new, and sometimes I tell them what is coming !

Thanks all !

I also come here in the vain hope that someone will come up with a "silver bullet" to kill the vampire that is in the hearts of my JW family. I doubt that will ever happen, but I do get some excellent suggestions for spanners to throw in the works.

And as you say, it is good to be amongst people who "get it".

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    It is like the Hotel California " You can check out any time you want, but you can never ever leave"!
  • SAHS
    SAHS
    Disfellowshipping and Armageddon are the WT’s version of “hell” – tools of the trade for religious charlatans to secure power and exercise control over the ignorant sheep. It’s the oldest trick in the book. Follow us and you’ll get to heaven/Nirvana/paradise – otherwise, there’s consequences. But wasting your whole life supposedly serving God through these evil and self-serving clowns is really the closest thing to hell right in the here and now. And if, say, you were to somehow manage to get into the JW paradise here on earth, when you think if it, you would be spending an eternity living in a world ruled by the new non-anointed governing body representatives of the WT organization in New York – and that would truly be hell!
  • yodastar
    yodastar
    Totally get it as well. Half my family are still practising and half not, the intelligent ones! but still you just play the game for the ones that have their faith and respect that they are not yet enlightened. In fact I heard my sister that she doesn't need to worry about getting sick like my Mum because she won't grow old in this system. I almost gagged. I have never set foot in their church since 1998 and will never do again. Yes we can play the pretend game but only for so long
  • Onager
    Onager

Yep, I get it too. Most of my family are still "in", including the intelligent ones! I also wish I could discover Phizzy's silver bullet.

One of the things that really bothers me is that, the way things are set up now, even the youngest member of my family could live their whole life as a JW. The fairytale is engineered to never end.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I get it too. My wife and family are still in but I've saved my kids, I think. I read here to stay informed on the latest WTS information. I would love to find the one argument or idea that would save my wife.

The stress level caused by raising kids with one witness parent and one who faded is really really high. At each stage of your kids lives there are decisions to be made and each parent has a completely different view on most of them. It feels like if anything goes wrong with the raising of the kids it's the non-dub parents fault.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit