How Long Has The Christ Been Invisibly Present?

by wannabe 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabe
    wannabe

How Long has the Christ been Invisibly Present?

I don't know as I have covered this one before or not, but can't we say that Jesus has been invisibly present ever since his ascension in the first Century? Didn't he indicate that he was in this following scripture?

20"Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." {Matthew 28:18-20 KJV} Key that thought in with John 17:4 where he made this following statement:

4I" have glorified Thee on the earth; I have finished the work which Thou gavest Me to do." {John 17:4 21st CKJV}

Then with that John 16:33:

33 "I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world." {John 16:33 HCSB}

21 "The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne." {Revelation 3:21 ESV}

18"And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me." {Matthew 28:18 ESV}

Isn't it true, that when the Christ's anointed Brothers sit down with Jesus on his Throne after conquering the World, as he did; they are crowned King Priests? So where is Jesus said to be sitting? He's at his Father's right hand sitting on his Fathers Throne with his Father, isn't he? That makes him a Crowned King.

So, Jesus had done it all! He had finished the work given him to do; he had conquered the World. All said and done, he took his seat beside his Father on his Father's Throne; given all Authority in heaven and on earth, wearing his Crown. But he had to wait for something didn't he? When that time came, he would stand up and begin exercising his All Authority; as mentioned by John in his Revelation at 12:10 - {Psalm 110:1,2}

Am I amiss in saying, the Christ has been invisibly present ever since his ascension in the first Century?

Did not the Christ prove Faithful to the point of death? Did he not receive the Crown of Life? He had finished the work his Father had given him to do! He had conquered the World! He had sat down with his Father on his Father's Throne. He had received his Crown of Life! He did all of that, in the first Century, prior to his ascension.

10"Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life." {Revelation 2:10 NIV}

Now! I'm no great Mathematiton, but the scriptural information is, the Christ has been invisibly present for well over two thousand years now; and to say that he has only been invisibly present since 1914 just has to be an utterance of the Spiritually Blind. They do not understand the Book they tell us no else understands but them. Who is that, you say? The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is who! Wannabe

• Perry
    Perry

You are absolutely right wannabe. Good thoughts!

• moshe
    moshe

Jesus left the building almost 2000 years ago- I've given up on Elvis coming back, too. Invisible, asleep, away on a trip to some nebula, creating another perfect world- whatever- he's gone.

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

Almost 2000 years when some people decided they needed a hero so they wrote a few stories. He was invisible then and is invisible now.

Horus has been invisibly present for a lot longer....I miss him seeing him, I wish he'd come down and say hello.

• peacedog
    peacedog

Since 1874 1914

• Chalam
    Chalam

wannabe Am I amiss in saying, the Christ has been invisibly present ever since his ascension in the first Century?

No, you are correct, Jesus has been here since Acts 2, just as He promised.

John 14:15-18 (New International Version)

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Blessings, Stephen
  • wasblind
    wasblind

" They do not understand the Book they tell us no else understands but them. "

You are so right Wannabe and scripture backs you up .

2 timothy 3:7 " Always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth."

• wannabe
    wannabe

Moshe!

Buckle Up! He's Coming back! Lets hope soon too. I'm wearing out. Wannabe

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@wannabe:

[C]an't we say that Jesus has been invisibly present ever since his ascension in the first Century? Didn't he indicate that he was in this following scripture ... "I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." {Matthew 28:18-20 KJV}

You can say whatever it is you like, but this expression, about Jesus being "with" the anointed members of his congregation until "the end of the world" is just one way of Jesus giving assurance to his disciples of his approval for the disciple-making work that lay ahead of them.

Isn't it true, that when the Christ's anointed Brothers sit down with Jesus on his Throne after conquering the World, as he did; they are crowned King Priests?

Yes, but Christ's anointed brothers, the 24 elders dressed in white outer garments and who were seen by the apostle John in his vision wearing golden crowns upon their heads, many of whom had been martyred, were told to "rest a little while longer" until their number had been filled, "who were about to be killed as they also had been" (Revelation 4:4; 6:10, 11), so that John, who was one of the 144,000 knew that he, too, would be going to his "rest" until at some point during "the presence of the Lord" those who were already "dead in union with Christ" would be resurrected to heavenly life and thereby given their assignments as king priests. (1 Thessalonians 4:15, 16)

Now no one can be so dogmatic as to say that the "first resurrection" occurred in the year 1918, some 3-1/2 years after Jesus was installed as king in 1914, just because Jesus became King-Designate in 33 AD, some 3-1/2 years after his anointing in the year 29 AD, but we do know that during the Lord's presence those who had already "fallen asleep in death" were the first to be resurrected, and that those of Christ's anointed brothers that finish their earthly course during the Lord's presence will be changed "in the twinkling of an eye" and join Jesus in his heavenly kingdom "as priests to our God," and from where they will "rule as kings over the earth." (Revelation 5:10; 20:6; 1 Corinthians 15:52)

Am I amiss in saying, the Christ has been invisibly present ever since his ascension in the first Century?

In a word, yes.

Now! I'm no great [mathematician], but the scriptural information is, the Christ has been invisibly present for well over two thousand years now; and to say that he has only been invisibly present since 1914 just has to be an utterance of the Spiritually Blind. They do not understand the Book they tell us no else understands but them. Who is that, you say? The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is who!

Actually, it isn't true that "the scriptural information" is that Jesus Christ "has been invisibly present for well over two thousand years now," for his presence began when the appointed times of the nations were fulfilled in 1914. Anyone that suggests that Jesus' invisible presence began before 1914 would be dogmatically blind to the truth, if not spiritually blind. Not just the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, but all Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide recognize this as being the truth!

On Pentecost of 33 AD, the apostle Peter relates at Acts 2:32-36 how after Jesus' resurrection, God had made Jesus "both Lord and Christ," which made Jesus the "head over all things to the congregation" (Ephesians 1:22), but because he had only being recognized as being king over his spirit-anointed subjects, "the Israel of God" at that time (Galatians 6:16), Peter was there indicating how Jesus had, in effect, become King-Designate toward the kingdom of the world, since he had to sit at the right hand of power and wait until the time appointed by God to expire when Jesus' enemies would be placed as a footstool for his feet.

This waiting period is somewhat similar to the time that the Bush Administration had to wait between his being declared the victor after the election on November 4, 2000, until his inauguration as president on January 20, 2001, during which Bush was only President-elect Bush, having authority over those in his cabinet, his only "subjects," or similar to the 77 days that the Obama Administration had to wait between his becoming the victor after the election on November 4, 2008, until his inauguration as president on January 20, 2009, during which Obama was only President-elect Obama, having authority over those in his cabinet, his "subjects."

However, when the full limit of the appointed times of the nations came and the "appointed times" were fulfilled in 1914, Jehovah's Witnesses discern that Jesus thereupon took up full Kingdom power over "the kingdom of the world" as king. This means that Jesus is no longer King-Designate, but he has been actively ruling as king of God's heavenly government over his earthly subjects 'in the midst of his enemies' since 1914. (Acts 2:32-36; Hebrews 10:12, 13; Psalm 110:1, 2)

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

How Long has the Christ been Invisibly Present?

For as long as believers want to believe that he has; after all that is what believers do.

Despite Jesus having a personal relationship with each of them, they still argue amongst themselves about things in which they should be utterly united. And where is Jesus while this is all going on?

Invisible, unseen, unheard, unavailable for comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit