LaToya Jackson on the view and JW's

by exwhyzee 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• exwhyzee
  • wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I Knew that lady on the view was a witness, but thanks for sharing the video :) I couldn't view the Phil Donahue one, what was that about?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I really go with that view point... Children of JWs must be given their choice, once they're of a reasonable age, early teens is good for me, to either continue or decline becoming a JW; without the consequence of the shunning and other tactics to sort of force them into the fold.

Having said that, of course, I do admit the the children that I've known to get out sure have 'thrown the baby out with the bath water', really gone off the deep end and made such a horrible mess out of themselves and their lives. It sure would've been better if they'd stayed with the religious education and followed accordingly.

Just reporting what I've seen.

DY

• booby
    booby

this is an interesting conundrum to me. who gets to train the child. parent or state? obviously the parent should be paramount. BUT can a child be trained/raised in a household with devout/serious jw or any other religion of the type that controls lives as they do and still be said to be given their choice. If you raise a child in an atmosphere where until the age of, say 16, they are kept in a closed arrangement like that it really is superficial to say that they are given a choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit